Absolutely intoxicating Black Metal. Screw your noisy ambiance, your distortion abuse, and low brow musicianship.

This is atmosphere.

The progression of this music is absolutely stellar. Long exploratory tracks cover immense ground in a chaotic almost psychedelic sound scape. Music that manages to evoke the esoteric spirit without resorting to bland use of lo fi production or cheap chords and lousy song writing.

Did I mention leads?

From the infinite void of California....
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jun 20, 2010,
Link is up. Enjoy.

Or not.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
ooh checking out. do you know which part of California these guys are from?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Longbeach if I remember correctly.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
aah i see. would've been pleasantly surprised if they were from the bay, don't think we have any good black metal around.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Very good from what i'm hearing, up to Poison yourself..with thought. Not extremely intricate, but has a very suffocating atmosphere. I enjoyed it.
Oh oh oh. I like. A lot. Just from listening to Drowning in the Pain of Consciousness, I think I'm going to love this.

As usual, VG, great stuff.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Long time no see Burning. Yeah the leads in Drowning In The Pain of Consciousness that come up around 2:15 are stunning. Literally. Something that makes you stop in your tracks or slow down if you're walking. The whole album is filled to the brim with these moments. Feels like a constant climax.

Drowning In The Pain of Consciousness even pulls off an Esoteric-esque solo really well.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Sweeeet. I absolutely love the band's decision in using a Begotten screenshot as an album cover. Reminds me of a calm Dødsengel.

Your taste in BM is too awesome for words VG.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Long time no see Burning. Yeah the leads in Drowning In The Pain of Consciousness that come up around 2:15 are stunning. Literally. Something that makes you stop in your tracks or slow down if you're walking. The whole album is filled to the brim with these moments. Feels like a constant climax.

Drowning In The Pain of Consciousness even pulls off an Esoteric-esque solo really well.

Stunning album all around. I agree about the constant climax. When it breaks the wall of noise for a riff or a lead or a clean bit, it's just ****ing amazing. So much atmosphere...

and yeah, long time no see indeed. I've been busy, haven't had much time for more than some lurking here and there. And you sorta fell off the face of the earth for a time there.

PS: Have you heard Horn's new album [Distanz] yet?
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Unfortunately I have not. My musical meanderings have been eclectic lately and my purchases have been scattered and few.

And yes, I disappear from time to time.

Check out my other recent threads if you have not, the current state of the forums have pushed me into a fervor of contribution.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Ah, I see. I quite like Distanz. If you can find it, it's worth hearing. There are some phenomenal riffs through out it.

And I'll get right on it. I saw a few, but only looked at this one so far...
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Naturkraft has gotten a lot of spins from me, so I expect nothing less from him. Oddly reminds me of Autumnal Winds and Arckanum, in an strange way.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Autumnal Winds <3

I think you rec'd me them a while ago

Nice to see the metal forum's big brother back. All we are missing is Slay.

I'm about to spin this.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Looks like nothing changed, but it's also irrelevant. You should take Arizmenda for another spin.
I might. I didn't care much for the scene after 3-5 listens of the album but they were easily the best band of the circle
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I dig it. It is what I expected from them and that is not a bad thing. Quality ear candy. They put on quite a show as well, even when they amp up the showmanship to over the top levels.

I can appreciate that.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I used to listen to these guys more, but I really dig the feel of their records.
Stillbirth in the Temple of Venus turned out pretty great. No change to his formula, but I wasn't asking for that regardless. Monstrously amorphous riffs with a psychadelic wall of sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdin_ohRilo

This morning a cup of coffee, prone on my floor and lights off with shut blinds. Wax sounds great. Sick stuff.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Listened to the entire thing, agreed entirely. More of the same good stuff. . I'm sure I'll find some magic if I look hard enough, but I enjoyed the shifting riffs with the bouncy leads.
First time listening to it but I'm loving this stuff. I'll have to check out the previous releases.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?