I'm just wondering. In my seemingly eternal search for the next amp that's "just right" for me I came across H&K via looking into what ampage one of my biggest influences, Jeff Waters uses. I haven't heard to much from H&K and I know Jeff uses the new Coreblade but the Switchblade is more in my price range considering I need to buy a cab as well. I would imagine it's quite good though seeing as how Jeff desires and uses a wide array of sounds, from gentle cleans to vicious metal tones and the Coreblade and Switchblade I'm assuming are at least similar.

My questions are

How versatile is it?

How does it match up to my current amp? (I'm really not interested in downgrading if you know what I mean).

How is it quality wise?

Also any additional info would be appreciated, I'm not too aware on H&K.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
It's about as versatile as you can get without getting a modelling amp. It has a very modern voice in general, if you want a classic metal tone it's probably not for you. If you like '80s thrash tones and modern tones it will most likely work for you. It gets a bit more classic with lower gain levels, but it's still relatively modern sounding even then.

It's better than a 6260 for pretty much anything imo, mainly because H&K uses proper speakers, while the Bugera stock speakers are rubbish. If you replaced your Bugera's speakers the amps should roughly be on par for metal, but the Switchblade will always pwn the Bugera for lower-gain stuff.

H&K stuff is great. Never owned one, but played lots of 'em in stores and the workmanship seems very nice.

If you want a Switchblade, look into the new TSC versions, which accept all sorts of power tube types and bias themselves. You can even pop in different types of power tubes if I recall correctly.
Quote by TheQuailman
It's about as versatile as you can get without getting a modelling amp. It has a very modern voice in general, if you want a classic metal tone it's probably not for you. If you like '80s thrash tones and modern tones it will most likely work for you. It gets a bit more classic with lower gain levels, but it's still relatively modern sounding even then.

It's better than a 6260 for pretty much anything imo, mainly because H&K uses proper speakers, while the Bugera stock speakers are rubbish. If you replaced your Bugera's speakers the amps should roughly be on par for metal, but the Switchblade will always pwn the Bugera for lower-gain stuff.

H&K stuff is great. Never owned one, but played lots of 'em in stores and the workmanship seems very nice.

If you want a Switchblade, look into the new TSC versions, which accept all sorts of power tube types and bias themselves. You can even pop in different types of power tubes if I recall correctly.

Sounds very promising.

Wait so the Switchblade isn't a modeling amp right? Just digital effects? All tube I'd hope?

In terms of high gain how does the Switchblade and the Bugera match up?

Excuse all the stupid questions comparing this to my current amp but I don't want to lose any ground when I get my next amp so to speak.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
No, it's not a modeller and it's tube.

Both the Switchblade and the Bugera have ludicrous amounts of gain. As I said, a Bugera is a nice sounding amp when it's plugged into a cab with good speakers. Same goes for the Switchblade, but it actually comes with good speakers already (assuming we're talking about combos here). The Switchblade is very very tight, even tighter than a 5150 (and therefore also tighter than a 6262), but it's still not for everyone. Some people think it's too agressive and harsh - well, it IS a modern sounding amp. You should definitely try one out before buying, as some people praise it for being the best thing put on the market in years, while others simply don't like it's tone, and that's that.
Quote by TheQuailman
No, it's not a modeller and it's tube.

Both the Switchblade and the Bugera have ludicrous amounts of gain. As I said, a Bugera is a nice sounding amp when it's plugged into a cab with good speakers. Same goes for the Switchblade, but it actually comes with good speakers already (assuming we're talking about combos here). The Switchblade is very very tight, even tighter than a 5150 (and therefore also tighter than a 6262), but it's still not for everyone. Some people think it's too agressive and harsh - well, it IS a modern sounding amp. You should definitely try one out before buying, as some people praise it for being the best thing put on the market in years, while others simply don't like it's tone, and that's that.

Tightness you say?

That's good. I was looking for something tighter and aggressive anyhow. I'm really looking forward to locating a place that has this so I can try it out!

And we're talking about the head here, not combos.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I was actually really looking forward to trying this amp out last year when I went on a serious amp-shopping mission. Unfortunately I was not impressed by it's clean channel. It was a bit heartbreaking after all the research I'd done on it.

But that's the nature of musical gear. It can have the best reviews in the world, but in the end it's your opinion that matters.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
the triamp is a great amp. h and k get a little too digital happy sometimes. I don't know which channels of their flagship the switchblade is based on on but I've played a triamp and a trilogy.
The gain channels of the trilogy are pretty great. The triamp has more gain then most people will ever need and it sounds great. I'd try for a triamp amp or a trilogy or even a duotone before a switchblade.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AlanHB
I was actually really looking forward to trying this amp out last year when I went on a serious amp-shopping mission. Unfortunately I was not impressed by it's clean channel. It was a bit heartbreaking after all the research I'd done on it.

But that's the nature of musical gear. It can have the best reviews in the world, but in the end it's your opinion that matters.

Man I'd really like to try it because so far the Switchblade is sounding very promising right now considering the price and it'd be a shame if it had a fking smudge like that on it

EDIT:

If it means anything, I'd be content if the Switchblades cleans were at least better than my current Bugera's. Something tells me they are lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by AcousticMirror
the triamp is a great amp. h and k get a little too digital happy sometimes. I don't know which channels of their flagship the switchblade is based on on but I've played a triamp and a trilogy.
The gain channels of the trilogy are pretty great. The triamp has more gain then most people will ever need and it sounds great. I'd try for a triamp amp or a trilogy or even a duotone before a switchblade.

Lol, Triamp and Duotone cost twice as much as the Switchblade.

Agreed on the Trilogy though, I like that amp. But it's voiced completely differently than the Switchblade (plus the difference in features), so I don't know if saying one is better than the other makes much sense here.
Quote by TheQuailman
Lol, Triamp and Duotone cost twice as much as the Switchblade.

Triamp MkI's don't