Music is my life
103 47%
Music is not my life
80 37%
Undecided/joke option
34 16%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 2
I certainly do love music, both playing and listening. If music wasn't in my life I don't know what I'd do because it's everywhere for me.
Yes/No poll? I pass.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
It pretty much consumed my life through high school and the start of college.

But now im in my third year of college, and ive definitely been busy with other stuff.

I dont see me going back to a music consumed life either, ive got alot of other stuff going on.
Pretty much. I have a song stuck in my head for 95% of the day, I'm always thinking of song ideas, and when I spend time alone it's usually centered around music. I've got a guitar in my arms right now
Music is my wife.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I spend my entire free time listening to or playing music, and I'm basing my entire career off of it, so yes, I would say that music is my life.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Music is most certainly not my life.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Music is certainly a very big part of my life, but it's definitely not the only thing I'm interested in.

I usually hate anyone who says, "Music is my life," because it normally means they have nothing else to talk about, quite a generalisation but from what I've seen it's usually true.
It keeps me sane! I listen to a ton of different kinds of music... it gets me through the day. I have my Zen plugged in to me many hours a day.

I'm also playing/creating a load right now. I don't want it to be my career... but It's one of my favourite things in life for sure
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Music is certainly a very big part of my life, but it's definitely not the only thing I'm interested in.

I usually hate anyone who says, "Music is my life," because it normally means they have nothing else to talk about, quite a generalisation but from what I've seen it's usually true.

This, exactly.
Sometimes it seems like they're trying to flaunt their musical ability.
Music isn't my life, but it's definitely a big part.
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Yes. Music motivates me to get out of bed every morning. I cannot say the same for anything else.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I think it's absolute nonsense to regard music as your life. It makes life better, yes, but it's never a prerequisite to live.

EDIT: sorry, i might have missed another way to interpret it. It might be your life in terms of doing nothing besides music...god i wish it was for me
Last edited by Equivalence at Jun 20, 2010,
No. I would like to have it be my life, it already is a big part, but at this point, my main focus is my education.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by damian_91
Yes/No poll? I pass.

There are actually three poll options, and I encourage everyone to clarify their opinion on the matter in a post, as no poll could cover all the possibilities. I decided to keep it concise. Sorry it didn't please you.
hmm, maybe. i certainly seem to be around music constantly, playing, listening, downloading ect. Although i always found people that say "Musics my life" a little sad. Largely due to the fact the people that say this are always the arseholes who like one band and think theres a rock god.
No. I don't make music at all. I've tried, but never come up with anything good. I don't play in a band, and practicing isn't the most important thing to me.
I don't listen to a whole lot of music either. I guess I listen to music a lot, but I don't use it for emotional support or anything, just fir fun. Life wouldn't be as good, but I could get by ok without music.
Music is a major thing for me...but definitely not my life. I've always thought people who are like"Music is my life, man" to be a little too hippie for my taste...I mean I like music as much as the next guy, but cmon
Music is very important to me, but I can't actually call it my life.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Music is what my life revolves around, everything I do usually has something to do with music, I feel like music is the only thing im truly good at, it's the only thing I have a passion for.

Music isn't my life, i just live for music.
No, I have a lot of other interests as well. That's way too narrow of a term to really define a person.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I don't understand people who say "music is my life". If it was then 100% of your time would be devoted to music, I mean EVERYTHING. Blatently this isn't the case for most, if not all people. It sounds nice for people to throw around though

If that didn't give you a hint, no, music isn't my life. I love listening to music and learning music though.
Music is what motivates me to wake up everyday. I spend most of my day either playing my guitars and coming up with lyrics, or thinking about interesting things I could do with music.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Music dominates my life, but it's not my life.
I play, write, and constantly listen to it, but it's not something I want to do forever.
I'd say I spend most of my time trying to improve myself as a musician.
I am so looking forward to the vacations so that i'll have time to get better at the piano :P. I don't right now because the exams are taking up too much time *sadface*
well i dedicate most of my free time to music, but i dont let it single handedly run my life. i do have other things to do too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Quote by Micsunderland3
It pretty much consumed my life through high school and the start of college.

But now im in my third year of college, and ive definitely been busy with other stuff.

I dont see me going back to a music consumed life either, ive got alot of other stuff going on.

This, almost exactly except earlier. I used to be so passionate about music and things in general, would dedicate hours and hours to music and other pursuits. But ever since I got a job life has just lost that spark , it's hard for me to enjoy music or anything as much as I used to. The life is slowly draining out of me...
I wouldn't say music is my life but I do owe my life to music I'd be a complete different person if it weren't for music. I would find it very hard to live without music.
Music isn't my life. I love it, and it's my only creative outlet, but it's not my life. I vent with music, that's about it nowadays. I just use it to cope, to ease the pain of life.
I plan on making a career out of music so I guess I want music to be my life eventually?
Hi sashki.

I would have said yes when I was younger, but looking back that never really was the case. I have to be honest with myself and at the moment music isn't my life and I'm going to have to knuckle down and make a decision someday about what I really want. (If one can really decide what one wants...)

How 'bout you?
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Page 1 of 2