I've been considering getting one of these after I get a new guitar. I use an analog solid state amp, and have been trying to figure out if these are more for tube amps than solid states.

Can anyone explain these to me?

I was considering the HT-DISTX

My other idea was to get a Digitech Hardwire Valve distortion. I've played with one of those before and think they sound awesome.

Thanks.

anything/everything sound better with a valve/tube amp =)

far as the pedal goes, I've tried on at an audition once and it was nice, not awsome but very nice!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Blackstar pedals = the tits.

They sound great with SS amps because they really liven up the tone of them. IMO they're one of the only pedals that work a little better with SS amps.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

if you're looking at the ht pedals you may want to look at the blackstar ht-5 as not only do you get the blackstar ht distx you also get a tube amp at the same time
Quote by britishsligean
if you're looking at the ht pedals you may want to look at the blackstar ht-5 as not only do you get the blackstar ht distx you also get a tube amp at the same time

wrong.

HT5 is after the HT duel.

the dist X is one very nasty ( i mean that in a good way) pedal to use, i love it, my mate has one and i keep stealing it off him for a while
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
wrong.

HT5 is after the HT duel.

the dist X is one very nasty ( i mean that in a good way) pedal to use, i love it, my mate has one and i keep stealing it off him for a while

HT dual *
Quote by daverichards
HT dual *

shhh
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
If I were to buy a tube amp I'd get like a 5150 or a 6505 head with a 4x12 cab.

Thanks guys! Always helpful

They sounded more complicated than that, like there was a tube in there or something and I wouldn't want to blow out my amp, haha.
If you like gain, check out the new HT-Blackfire. It was designed with Gus G. of Ozzy Osbourne and firewind. It's like a cross between the DistX and Dual. It's a two channel metal distortion. They just announced it a few days ago. Looks pretty sick. It's a limited run of 1000 though, and each comes with a Certificate signed by Gus, so the price may not be that great. We'll see.
Eh. Yeah I'm not made of money or in a hurry to get a new amp.

I like distortion, but I'm not a huge fan of a lot of distortion. I like very tight, crisp sounding distortion with lots of balls.

That Digtech Hardwire Valve Distortion sounds amazing, one of the best distortion stompboxes I've ever heard. I'm going to have to check out one of these Blackstar HT's at Guitar Center... granted they have them.