Well guys, I've had an RG350 for almost a year now and I absolutely love it but after playing a Prestige model (think it was a 2570Z) I've decided I'm gonna go for a higher end Ibanez.
I play a range of music but mostly hardrock and metal.
Is the 2570Z a good value for money guitar or are there better options for the money?
thanks guys

oh and pickups don't matter too much; I'm going for a set of BKP Warpigs (not sure about middle single as yet though) at some point in the not too far future
I think almost all ibanez prestiges are worth the money, very bang-for-your-buck.
Some people will complain about the Edge-Zero bridge though, which is fairly new compared to the Edge Pro which is pretty much the "tried and true" bridge for many.
Having said that, I think the Edge-Zero bridge is fine.
How much is the Ibanez RG2570Z? and whats your budget? Perhaps we could show you other options too, just to widen your search before you lock down into one guitar.
if you're gonna switch the pickups anyway, why not go for the 1570?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're gonna switch the pickups anyway, why not go for the 1570?

I 2nd that!
Current Gear:
Ibanez RG1570bk Prestige with Evo Pickups
Fender American Standard 2012 Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Couldn't be arsed with all the quotes but this is all in order with the posts

I know a guy with an RG2550 with the Edge Zero with the ZPS and he's had no problems with it.

The reason I'm looking at the 2570 over the 1570 is mainly cosmetic, as well as the fact I don't know how long it'll be before I buy the Warpigs. I don't really like dot inlays but if there's somewhere I can get a good inlay job for considerably less than the difference in price between the two I'd probably go for it.

And yes, I've tried the S series but they didn't really do it for me. From what I hear they're an acquired taste though so I might look at trading in my RG350 towards a lower end S.

EDIT: budget is £1000 but I'd prefer it to be closer to £800.
And I've just found that the 2570 and 1570 appear to be about £5 difference in price?

http://www.expressmusicstore.co.uk/products.asp?code=RG1570Z-JB

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/ibanez-rg2570z-prestige-electric-guitar-powdery-amethyst-mica-871.html?zenid=8d2fb926338110ff078f14136d9cb5d2

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Jun 21, 2010,
What's wrong with dot inlays?
Getting a inlay job done on a guitar will cost you a lot of money.

Also this should be in the electric guitar forum.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
What's wrong with dot inlays?
Getting a inlay job done on a guitar will cost you a lot of money.

Also this should be in the electric guitar forum.

I kind of established that in the first post yet everyone ignored me..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
oh if you're not sure when you'll get round to swapping the pickups and you prefer the shark inlays, by all means go for the 2570.

i don't think they're £5 difference in price, you can get the 1570 a lot cheaper than that. if you had one shop selling both (and assuming one or other guitar wasn't on special offer for whatever reason) the 1570 would be a fair bit cheaper.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh if you're not sure when you'll get round to swapping the pickups and you prefer the shark inlays, by all means go for the 2570.

i don't think they're £5 difference in price, you can get the 1570 a lot cheaper than that. if you had one shop selling both (and assuming one or other guitar wasn't on special offer for whatever reason) the 1570 would be a fair bit cheaper.

I believe I actually pulled up a link to the 1570Z rather than the standard 1570

EDIT: can someone report me for a move to Electric Guitar or tell me how I go about getting moved?
you could pm a mod, but you'll probably get better answers in here, lol

and oh, maybe the 1570 with the edge zero is a similar price to the 2570. if that's the case, then fair enough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So would you say paying out for that guitar (I've seen them for between 8 and 900) is worthwhile?
I love the feel of the 5 piece wizard on the prestige's, I just want to make sure I get one that's decent value for money.
I'm willing to give up on the inlays provided I can get the guitar in a nice colour
I'd prefer one without a pickguard but I'm open to any suggestions.

Is the EdgeZero w/ ZPS worth the extra?
Are the pickups massively different?
things about the prestige that make it different from the other ibanez models.

made in japan, valute at neck angle, deeper finish, hardshell prestige case.

if those things mean that much over the pups etc, then go that way.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
things about the prestige that make it different from the other ibanez models.

made in japan, valute at neck angle, deeper finish, hardshell prestige case.

if those things mean that much over the pups etc, then go that way.

Both models I'm looking at are prestige though
i thought he meant compared to your current guitar.

I haven't tried the edge zero, so I dunno.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ahh right.

I'm thinking of going with a 1570, but the Z model is tempting being as the ZPS appears to be a benefit.
But if I go for that I might aswell have a 2570 Z

I think I'll hang on a bit longer
If I get a 2570 at a good price in a colour I like I'll grab that, if not it'll be the 1570

unless there are better options if i look used?
Quote by Dave_Mc

and oh, maybe the 1570 with the edge zero is a similar price to the 2570. if that's the case, then fair enough.

the Edge zero and the EDge pro equipped guitars cost the same,even the bridges cost the same aftermarket(although the EP is made by gotoh in japan..EZ by someone in china)

here,take a look

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/Ibanez-RG-1570-Z-BK.html

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/Ibanez-RG-1570-BK.html

Quote by Bigsteve92
ahh right.

I'm thinking of going with a 1570, but the Z model is tempting being as the ZPS appears to be a benefit.
But if I go for that I might aswell have a 2570 Z

I think I'll hang on a bit longer
If I get a 2570 at a good price in a colour I like I'll grab that, if not it'll be the 1570

unless there are better options if i look used?

what the ZPS does is keep double stop bends in relative tune...thats it..it is dishonestly advertised.many opt for free floating mode because of the trouble caused by it

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328450

just dont buy a guitar cause it's name sounds cool..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 22, 2010,
Meh, i got a a 2550 and i can jump on the edgepro all day long and it shoots straight back into tune. Never had a prob with it. I personally love the guitar. All i did was get rid of the DiMarzio pups in it and switch in some EMG 81 85's and its great for metal :-)
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
yeah the fact the edge pro is japanese gotoh-made would sway me towards that one. The gotoh stuff is badass.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the info there guys
Looks like I'll go for a 1570 then.
I hope I can pick up a blue one when I have the money sorted out

Any idea how much I could sell a Vintage VS6 (SG copy), RG350 with a chip in the back (about the size of a 2p coin) and a Marshall AVT150H for?
well i got like £165 for my avt100 combo a while back (a year ago? maybe two. something like that). Not certain about the others, I know what they go for new but not too sure on second-hand. Check ebay finished listings?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?