Yo all.

Ive needed a new amp for a while and ive decided on the Laney VC30.
Now, i dont know a lot about amplification, i was wondering, would the 212 be louder? i mean it has 2 cones.. or does it just affect the tone?

I can get the 112 for £250, is this a good buy?

Or is it worth waiting for a 212? If its just tone i don't really care, but i need the volume.

Cheers!
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Necr0maniac
Yo all.

Ive needed a new amp for a while and ive decided on the Laney VC30.
Now, i dont know a lot about amplification, i was wondering, would the 212 be louder? i mean it has 2 cones.. or does it just affect the tone?

I can get the 112 for £250, is this a good buy?

Or is it worth waiting for a 212? If its just tone i don't really care, but i need the volume.

Cheers!

Im sorry but there is so much wrong on that sentence.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Fives
Im sorry but there is so much wrong on that sentence.

You know what i meant... theres not gonna be a huge difference in tone between the 2 amps is there...
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Music i play is varied,

Mostly funk / blues / rock. Sometimes Prog.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
What kind of music do you play?

Because for some reason people look at them for metal, I can never work out why.

It made it sound like you didn't care how the amps sounded.

lol, i see that now xD

My bad i guess... of course i care!!
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah it'll handle those, especially funk and blues the distortion however is quite smooth and there's not much of it. I have the LC which is said to have a bit more gain, so the VC will probably need an OD for some modern rock, I can't really get big power chord sounds out of mine. At least not at bedroom volumes.

Oh, which leads me on the mention if you're only playing it at home it's not really worth it. I can use mine at home, it just sounds so much better at band rehearsal volumes. If I could only play it at low volumes it'd be a wasted amp. Cleans still sound good though.

Thats fabulous, i already have various pedals for distortions so id only be using the clean channel most of the time anyway.

Also it would be used mostly for band situations anyway, louder is what i need.
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
I've used my VC30 112 in large venues of ~400 capacity and never had my volume above halfway. Plenty loud enough.
404: Sig not found.