...but I had no idea they were around. They were in Blarney kissing the Blarney Stone ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9b2Efr3kg ) last Monday, as they had a gig that night in Cork.

I was in Blarney that day. I was literally 100 foot from Blarney Castle at the time. Oh well

Has anything like this happened to you?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Jun 20, 2010,
Son..

I'm disappoint..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I once met Alex Lifeson in Toronto, I didn't have a pen, I didn't have a camera. Now I ALWAYS walk around with a pen.
Quote by Piscasis
I live in Windsor Ontario, Canada so.... no.

Me Too ... ...
Quote by Kitty-madness
i couldv gone to mayhem last year or watch Bruce Springsteen in concert, but I missed out

You REALLY missed out
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
This is just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know.... Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!
I've had this half happen to me.
Last weekend at Download, I woke up on Thursday morning having left myself a note saying "Bring stuff to get signed" got my album inserts for (Coheed and Cambria, 36 Crazyfists and Atreyu) and put them on the table, went and got everything else ready, got to the airport, 10 minutes until check in closed, turned my phone on and got a text from my friend who was coming with me "Dude, don't forget stuff to get signed" Well, guess where the album inserts were whilst I was at Download? Yep, still on the table.

I still got to meet Coheed and Atreyu, however it would have been better to get an album insert signed by Atreyu rather than a Bullet For My Valentine postcard thing.
Bands should tell people where they're going during a day when they're being tourists. CKY post where they are on twitter, and actually ask people to come hang with them and show them where the good bars are. I geuss though, larger bands like Megadeth would just get swamped with people and it'd ruin their time off.

I remember reading somewhere about a guy in europe serving Megadeth in McDonalds during the early 90's, and some guy claiming Cliff Burton asked him for a joint at a Rush(I think it was rush) concert in 1985.
Quote by pwrmax
I once met Alex Lifeson in Toronto, I didn't have a pen, I didn't have a camera. Now I ALWAYS walk around with a pen.

Me Too ... ...

....wait, thats not a good thing
Is it true that the locals piss on the Blarney stone at night?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Is it true that the locals piss on the Blarney stone at night?

No. What the ****.

Quote by Ali-b912
Bands should tell people where they're going during a day when they're being tourists. CKY post where they are on twitter, and actually ask people to come hang with them and show them where the good bars are. I geuss though, larger bands like Megadeth would just get swamped with people and it'd ruin their time off.

I remember reading somewhere about a guy in europe serving Megadeth in McDonalds during the early 90's, and some guy claiming Cliff Burton asked him for a joint at a Rush(I think it was rush) concert in 1985.

I dunno around here though, in Blarney I know of only a small pocket of metalheads, and most of them wouldn't be around the castle often. So maybe I could've been the first...
Bertolt Bretcht

I could have had a beer with Iron Maiden

And I did!
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by shattamakar
I could had a beer with Iron Maiden

And I did!

You bastard!
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by lzcougarz3
This is just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know.... Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Homer Simpson references FTW!

OT: Can't think of anything really..
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by KirkMetallica
You bastard!

Yea. First time they came to India.
Damn Jannick was a prick though. But Bruce and Nicko are exceptionally sweet dudes.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I nearly met Mark Lanegan the other week, but I had to go to a stupid choir practice with a guy who works with my dad.

Worst trade in History. Worst than that Indian who traded all of his land for a bracelet or some shit.

EDIT: And does Dave Mustaine really need the gift of the gab?
Last edited by Declan87 at Jun 21, 2010,
Never really had any opportunities myself, but i was at that gig in cork

greetings fellow ireland metalhead!
Quote by damian_91
Son..

I'm disappointAH!..

fixed
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

A guy I met in line for a gig claimed to have stolen Bill Kellihers prawn sandwich in Belfast.

My mate Joe also claims to have had lunch with Opeth. Or rather...beside Opeth, in Dublin.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I know you pain man i missed ozzy when he did his book signings at my local wh smiths.
I run into famous musicians all the time when I'm in Toronto. I'll actually have a friendly conversation instead of being all "omgomg autograf pls sir", most of the Canadian musicians here are friendly and nice.