Incredible Occult,brooding Death Metal.I know a few of the regs know of theese guys and recently they've been owning me.The eirie production,haunting trance like barrage of riffs and gut wrenching vocals combine together to shame their peers.Real quality stuff.Myspace
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Their not really Satanic though,not that i can tell at least.It's dark and evil sounding, like metal should sound but thats about it.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Oh...yay, Satanic death metal. What a great theme.

Oh.... yay, a NounNumber username gear signature pit monkey prepubescent presence on an online forum with nil grasp on art.

What a great thing.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
dood all dis def metal is for def ppl who dun like good music

But seriously,this band owns hard.
Quote by Steve08

To be honest, the name has been thrown around my way before but I have yet to experience them. I'll change that.

Lately I've been too busy masterbaiting my Avant Garde/Esoteric wonder penis and should soon migrate back to Death fucking Metal soon enough.

Horrific - Your Worst Nightmare really got me in the mood for some death.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Great stuff, I've really been digging the death metal bands that have been going for this crushing "anti-technical" (as I've heard it called) sound. These guys along with Teitanblood and Blaspherian are probably some of my favorite of the recent resurgence of great death metal, would be cool to see some more love for them.
i am the moonstar
Is that the Horrific that sounds similar to old Septic Flesh?
Yeah i was the same way till a few nights ago when my buddy put them on.Dark Death Metal is really in a great state right now.Hopefully the next generation of bands will find ways to put their own take on the style rather then stagnating it with clone bands. I really love how occult it sounds.Really reminds me of Incantation as well and thats always a good thing in my book.

Great stuff, I've really been digging the death metal bands that have been going for this crushing "anti-technical" (as I've heard it called) sound. These guys along with Teitanblood and Blaspherian are probably some of my favorite of the recent resurgence of great death metal, would be cool to see some more love for them.

Yeah i think people just got tired of how every death metal band these days focuses on crystal clear sound and technicality over atmosphere and brutality.Nothing wrong with being technical but the songs are lost in a haze of sweep picking and bands trying to out tech each other.Extreme Metal has always developed as an antithesis to what ever they see as a trend they hate.
Quote by Steve08

Last edited by Riffmast at Jun 20, 2010,
Horrific are awesome.

Anyways, same with VG, i've heard this name a lot, I figure it's time to give them a chance.
Quote by Riffmast
Is that the Horrific that sounds similar to old Septic Flesh?

For me, Horrifc sounds like Acid Witch doing 80's style thrashy Death Metal.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
hmm probably thinking of a different band haha,that sounds intriguing though haha

Rites Of Darkness fest

Confirmed:

Impiety (Singapore)

Blasphemophahger (Italy)

Surrender of Divinity (Thailand)

Diocletian (New Zealand)

Black Witchery (FL)

Ghoul (CA)

Manticore (OH)

Weapon (Canada)

Morbosidad (CA/TX)

Disma (NJ)

Vasaeleth (GA)

Grave Ritual (Alabama)

Speedwolf (CO)

Spiculum Iratus (CA)

H.R.A. (Houston)

HOD (San Antonio)

Blaspherian (Houston)

Obeisance (El Paso)

Nyoogthaeblisz (El Paso)

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/ritesofdarkness#ixzz0rRwF6Vnu

Quote by Steve08

Seeing Weapon would be ace
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Holy shit that lineup is driving me insaaaaane
i am the moonstar
Quote by severed-metal
He's thinking of this one, Riffmast:

http://www.myspace.com/horrificrocks

Anyways, Weapon? Fuuuuuuuck. Wish those bastards would hit up Edmonton. Ghoul too!

Ah ok sweet, yeah i really don't like Weapon haha.It just never clicked with me.Diocleian,Disma,Vasaeleth,Manticore,Black Witchery,and Blaspherian would own me.Also Weapon don't play many shows.Their first one was a private,invite only show.Second one was pretty sweet even though i didnt stay for them.
Quote by Steve08

Heard their first live show was a great success - I think theres a few murky videos up on youtube as well. Still waiting for my split 7'' with Vorum to come in the post!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I nearly pre ordered based on the artwork alone. My mate Andy (andyscoot who used to post here a fair bit) introduced me to these chaps the other day, and I quite liked what I heard.