Well my guitar's truss rod was off so I decided to save a trip to the tech by doing it myself. While adjusting it I pushed a little to far to the left and my nut sort of popped. It made kind of a cracking noise. I immediately took out the allen wrench. I strummed a string and it sounded fine. As of now my guitar is still on a table laying horizontal because I'm afraid to pick it up.

A stupid question but is my guitar alright? Everything seems fine. Has this happened to anyone else? If my guitar is broken, is it something a tech could fix?
Your rod probably just lurched because my guess is you, like everyone else, NEVER lubricates it. Take it to a tech, but unless you visibly see a crack, don't fret about it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
don't fret about it.

It's Punday, the first day of the week!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Was the cracking sound from the nut or the neck? What does the neck look like now? Do you have a straight edge to check if it's straight? And do you know how to make truss rod adjustments in the first place?

Take it to a tech because of this: "guitar is still on a table laying horizontal because I'm afraid to pick it up."

BTW, that phrase made me a laughter enthusiast.

Quote by Kevy Absolution
Your rod probably just lurched because my guess is you, like everyone else, NEVER lubricates it. Take it to a tech, but unless you visibly see a crack, don't fret about it.

Never really heard of lubricating the truss rod (then again I'm not very experienced with guitar setups etc.). I'll definitely be doing that and if anything gets worse I'll just drop by the tech.
Quote by Ippon
Was the cracking sound from the nut or the neck? What does the neck look like now? Do you have a straight edge to check if it's straight? And do you know how to make truss rod adjustments in the first place?

Take it to a tech because of this: "guitar is still on a table laying horizontal because I'm afraid to pick it up."

BTW, that phrase made me a laughter enthusiast.

The noise came from the nut. The neck is still in good condition and it's still slightly more curved than it should be just like it was before (I immediately turned the truss rod a quarter of a turn back where it was before in a panic when i heard the crack.) And I'll be sure to take it to a tech.
I would think the noise would just have been the nut coming away from the glue, it'll probably need the old glue scraped off and re-gluing, should be simple enough
im 99% sure it was just the rod lurching. no big immediate deal but you gotta put that rod back where it was or the neck could suffer irrepairable damage.

take it to a tech and learn how to properly adjust a truss rod.