First time ever recording anything... let me know how the quality is, and give me some tips on how to make anything sound better.
The guitar used was a Takamine FP450SMC-SB from the 90's, an apex 410 condenser mic was used, into a behringer eurorack mixer, and I used reaper to record it.
Let me know how it is! (song is in my profile!)
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Sound quality is pretty damn good. You could certainly do a lot worse.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I'd say try recording at a lower input level because of the hiss. You could try using a denoise plug in, but it might degrade the quality. Also, the mix sounds really crowded. Try panning the different parts. Also, it's really easy to tell where you're recording; try insulating your room more. Possibly find a closet with lots of clothes and record in there in order to reduce the natural reverberation in the room then create a digital reverb in the program you're running.
Thanks for the responses. Any criticism is greatly appreciated, as I basicall just plugged it all in and recorded... I am just recording in my basement, which is just bare walls... so something with more "padding" in a sense would help? Thanks.
And I wasn't sure how to get rid of the hiss (n00b yes). And I'll try panning, I never really knew when to pan things, now I do! (somewhat).
Thanks again
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
yeah, a noise filter will do perfectly. My advice would be panning everytime, no matter what there should be two guitars to the left and right.

For this type of music it would be nice some digital reverb.
Can't you record directly? If you can, I would recommend you an amp simulator if you don't want the trouble to make the track sound good. for example Revalver III has some nice clean presets ready to go.
Yeah definitely get a noise filter on the recording. Try padding your room i.e. soundproofing it somewhat. The mix of the song was alright, after the lead came in I couldn't tell there was hiss. The playing is pretty good and I like the song. Oh yeah btw I suggest you try to record directly that would really help.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328091