i'm shopping for effects and pedals and there are a few things i'd love in my arsenal. i alfready have a wah, and i think an OD boost and chorus pedal are a given. but i want something absolutely disgusting in my sound to make things interesting from time to time.. anyone have any specific suggestions. like distortions, mod effects, delays, 'verbs, pitch shifters, ring modulators, anything really.
buy a pedal and put water in it, that should do it.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
If by disgusting you mean disgustingly awesome, then its a Death By Audio Robot. Basically anything made by Death By Audio, but this one especially!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZKeGsWRRm0
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

All you've gotta do is grab a Line 6 Spider.. Any of 'em.. Now throw the insane channel on.. Check. Gain on 10? Check. Max all EQ to 10?? CHECK.

Disgusting sound? CHECK!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
All you've gotta do is grab a Line 6 Spider.. Any of 'em.. Now throw the insane channel on.. Check. Gain on 10? Check. Max all EQ to 10?? CHECK.

Disgusting sound? CHECK!

lol, funny thing is that i'm planning to sell my spider =P
hm.... i'm having trouble deciding between the geiger counter and the buttprobe.... anything else disgusting... i seem to be enjoying the distortions and fuzzes
Any distortion on a Zoom G2.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Kevy Absolution
WMD Geiger Counter!

That looks like a really fun pedal
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Ampeg Scrambler

/Thread

Do not even try to contest that crazy bastard.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Well a buttprobe will run you $1,000+ (the only one I could find was $1300) and that's just not worth it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^^ this also try a green ringer or mxr's blue box
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial

classic that is out of make, popular with noise producers and DJ's as well as guitarists

classic ring modulator with huge array of strange tones available

wretchedly awful sound, unique and challenging. crazy pedal.

this is great for getting up a big spread out tone when using multiple amps. unique and get attention, giant sound

supposed to be based on the ADA flanger design, with some extra craziness added. we have an ADA and it's great, i want to try this thing myself

this is more like the biphase, you use it with one amp though. big and thick, nice kick for solo's. an attention getter. of course, it is a recreation of a uni-vibe.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 20, 2010,
Boss fuzz pedal
Spider 3 insane channel
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by bogg808
phaser/flanger/chorus/vibrato/tremolo with depth and rate controls all the way up.

This would almost win. If it weren't for the effect the Korn bassist uses. I call it the blown speaker effect... But for a 6 string guitar you do win sir....
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Ampeg Scrambler

/Thread

Do not even try to contest that crazy bastard.

Fender Blender :O
Devi Ever Godzilla is pretty crazy-sounding, IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by zeek7pc
This would almost win. If it weren't for the effect the Korn bassist uses. I call it the blown speaker effect... But for a 6 string guitar you do win sir....

I was watching a bunch of proguitarshop demos on youtube this morning and when andy turned up the rate and depth controls on some of those types of pedals my ears hurt...

Also a DOD Gonkulator might be worth a shot.

EDIT: I wanna add that if you put those types of effects after distortion (not referring to the DOD Gonkulator) it will make the effect more heavy and nausiating.
Last edited by bogg808 at Jun 21, 2010,
sample rate reducers are cool.

they might just be ring mods but I'm not sure. I've seen a few custom ones that sound neat. Cool 8 bit sounds.

That mu-tron bi-phase looks epic, but I don't even know what it does
Seriously, this thread ended with the WMD geiger counter.

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0a3PuBQXk&feature=related

or the Openhaus in the related vids. Very disgusting things. Of course, disgusting can also be signal obliterating, 1 bit oscillating, static and noise generators. But for practical use, I just exhibited three examples of the most disgusting.
Weeping demon wah.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!