I got a MIM standard tele recently. It has a lot of hum and its really annoying. If i turn around i can find a spot without hum, but switching to both pickups or touching metal on the guitar does nothing. I even shielded it and it didn't help. This leads me to believe the pickups are just messed up. I want to get keystones. Will this help?
the cable might be bad, the guitar's input jack might be loose.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It isn't the cable and I'll check the jack tmw, but would the jack being loose have these symptoms? Because that doesn't seem to make sense.
If your tele is buzzing you should answer it and say hello.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
if it had been loose and the wires crossed then, it could cause these type of issues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If it isn't a ground problem, then the pickups probably aren't properly potted. Switch them out for noiseless pickups.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Are your mains properly grounded? Single coils always pick up hum to some extent, that's natural. Electric heaters, fluorescent lights etc. make it workse. That's why people invented humbucking desings, to get rid of that noise.