In the verse, you are playing flattened 3rds for some of the major chords. You should sort this out.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
it was a cool idea but the notes you play really clash with the chords in the backing beat. like, in the verses every shape you play is minor, but the chords you're playing over aren't all minor chords. three out of four are actually major since it's a vi-IV-I-V (or vi-VI-III-VII i guess, i dunno, my theory's rusty since it's summer) progession. and in the bridge after the second chorus, the power chords you're playing don't match up with the ones in the beat.

i think it would have been cooler if you'd harmonized with the vocals in the chorus instead of just mirroring them. when i listen to the song, i imagine scalar third harmonies over the chorus and i guess i was kind of expecting you to do that, haha. probably just my metal instincts wanting everything to be harmonized

it's cool to see another eminem fan on here.
Last edited by flame843 at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by flame843
it was a cool idea but the notes you play really clash with the chords in the backing beat. like, in the verses every shape you play is minor, but the chords you're playing over aren't all minor chords. three out of four are actually major since it's a vi-IV-I-V (or vi-VI-III-VII i guess, i dunno, my theory's rusty since it's summer) progession. and in the bridge after the second chorus, the power chords you're playing don't match up with the ones in the beat.

i think it would have been cooler if you'd harmonized with the vocals in the chorus instead of just mirroring them. when i listen to the song, i imagine scalar third harmonies over the chorus and i guess i was kind of expecting you to do that, haha. probably just my metal instincts wanting everything to be harmonized

it's cool to see another eminem fan on here.

thanks for suggestions man
it looks like you know what you are talking about

yeah I probably should have done harmonies in the chorus

I put harmonies in my kevin rudolf - I made it cover tough
you can check that out too if you want :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uax6Aur5IqQ

btw I'm not really a fan of Eminem but I have to admit that this song is pretty good
Last edited by E.S at Jun 20, 2010,