Page 1 of 3
I havent made a new friend since junior high and i am getting very lonely, I am not ugly, i do not smell, i am talkative, i smile and make eye contact... i just cant seem to make new friends and i dont know what im doing wrong

So pit do you make friends easily? and how do you approach getting to know new people?
I don't even know. I don't consciously think "I need to make friends", it just happens.
Quote by Littleangus44
I am not ugly, i do not smell,

i don't think these things automatically get you friends

talk to people man, talk to people
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I'm naturally attractive.

I am fairly attractive myself. girls tell me how cute i am all the time but i dont think thats an issue when trying to make guy friends...

EDIT: i make small talk with lots of new people through out the day, after that they never talk to me again...
Circumstance, usually.

I don't think I've personally been responsible for making new friends since I was about 5. It's just been making conversation with the people my current friends bring over to talk. This continued when switching between schools.

Off to university in September, and nobody I know is going. It'll be my test. To see if I can do it on my own.

Honestly though, I'll probably sit inside playing computer games for all of Fresher's Week.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
talk to people..hang out with them outside of where you usually see them (like, hang out with people from work outside of work. dont just see school friends at school)

just act liek yourself
theres not really a method..
More often then not, friends don't happen on purpose.

If you're so talkative, you shouldn't have a problem making friends. Just start with small talk, or something that just about everyone can relate to. And definitely not any memes you find on the internet, m'kay? (i.e. So I herd u liek mudkipz?)

Just be nice to people, make a couple jokes here and there when they fit, and such.

(Important note: Do NOT over do trying to be funny.)

People that you naturally just 'click' with will become your friends.

Not that I'm any expert on the subject myself, but that's how it's always worked with me. >.>
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 20, 2010,
You live in Wyoming dude. You probably know the other 4 people that live there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
When you are around someone new, say something funny about something that is going on around you. That usually starts up some pretty good conversation.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I sit down with my pals David Crane and Marta Kauffman and have a chat about creating a mediocre but entertaining sitcom.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
People aren't just going to walk up to you and automatically want to be friends. Talk to new people. Go do stuff where people gather.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
People aren't just going to walk up to you and automatically want to be friends. Talk to new people. Go do stuff where people gather.

i know this, I started summer school about 2 weeks ago and i havent made a single friend, i sit by myself everyday at lunch
Well you have to... i don't know...
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Become fantastically rich, and then hire friends.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
You guys dont get it, the OP is a Sims character, his current Wish is to Make a Friend.
OP, I suggest you stand in front of mirror and "Gussy Up" - it'll boost your charisma. Things might go faster if you set it to Ultra Speed.
Smile and talk to them. Find something in common and go on that.
Quote by StratoCatser
Well you have to... i don't know...

exactly, i dont know what im doing wrong i just get avoided and ignored... and its not like im boring or something...
L1, R1, TRIANGLE, DOWN, R2, X, L1, UP, L2, L2, L1, L1 -- Max Respect

CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, UP, CIRCLE, R1, L2, UP, TRIANGLE, L1, L1, L1 -- Max Sex appeal

R2, Up, L2, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right -- Spawn a Stretch (everyone will want to ride with you)
Quote by Littleangus44
i know this, I started summer school about 2 weeks ago and i havent made a single friend, i sit by myself everyday at lunch

Stop doing that would be a good start. Don't wait for an invitation. Say "hey guys mind if I join you?" And sit down.
You're just shy man. Stop it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Littleangus44

talk to people in your classes. if they are talking about something you are interested in, join in. then, find them at lunch and as to sit with them.

I can't imagine someone being cruel enough to say no when you've already shown that you are interested in the same things as them, and that you're not a douche.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Littleangus44

Well, that isn't helping.
I'm interesting and attractive, so it's easy for me.

I usually meet people out shopping, or in clubs.

Quote by Jackal58
Stop doing that would be a good start. Don't wait for an invitation. Say "hey guys mind if I join you?" And sit down.
You're just shy man. Stop it.

Word. Shyness is like jealousy: it will only make you miserable.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 20, 2010,
Quote by Littleangus44
I am fairly attractive myself. girls tell me how cute i am all the time but i dont think thats an issue when trying to make guy friends...

EDIT: i make small talk with lots of new people through out the day, after that they never talk to me again...

Maybe you are just not very fun to talk to. You shouldn't expect to be able to become friends with everyone.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Don't think about it too much dude. Just go with it.
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
Quote by CullenT

actually, people have done that to me on the street.
Quote by Arterial
You guys dont get it, the OP is a Sims character, his current Wish is to Make a Friend.
OP, I suggest you stand in front of mirror and "Gussy Up" - it'll boost your charisma. Things might go faster if you set it to Ultra Speed.

I did that last year, I stood in front of the mirror and honestly asked myself if i looked cool...

im popular, people like me, they just dont want to be my friend... i guess that makes me unpopular actually
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'm interesting and attractive, so it's easy for me.

I usually meet people out shopping, or with a club.
I like your style.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by JacobTheMe
Well, that isn't helping.

Ah, it's Jacob the rape thread kid. This guy knows how to make friends!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Whip it out.

He just whipped it out?
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by Littleangus44

Well, that's no help. You gotta force yourself to be social, no one wants to hang around the lonely kid that sits by himself every day. He might be crazy or not interesting or something.

Just go up to a table you think you want to sit at, ask, 'Hey, mind if I sit here?' And if they say no for no good reason, they're dickholes you don't want to be around with in the first place.
Quote by Kilobyte
Circumstance, usually.

I don't think I've personally been responsible for making new friends since I was about 5. It's just been making conversation with the people my current friends bring over to talk. This continued when switching between schools.

Off to university in September, and nobody I know is going. It'll be my test. To see if I can do it on my own.

Honestly though, I'll probably sit inside playing computer games for all of Fresher's Week.

Booo. Don't do this. Freshman year, no one has any friends because no one knows anyone, so everyone will be equally open to new friendships. Don't just hole yourself up in your room, mingle! And if you do stick to your room, at least keep your door open.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Page 1 of 3