Im going to buy a kustom quad half stack,
and i love the clean tone but i want it to be able to get really heavy.
more bass, more gain.
so i need pedal ideas.
i was thinking a compressor and maybe an ibanez tube screamer?
im using a epiphone les paul.
and a esp ltd mh-400.
I'd say a tube scream and an EQ would be best for you.
Definitely an EQ over the compressor. I also have an ibanez ts9 and love it. Although with my avt it I usually use it in conjuction with my Boss OD-3 as well, just for a little more boost. But an EQ would benefit you the most. Dont get the crappy Boss GE-7 though. Try looking at an MXR 10 band eq.
alright, i should prolly tell you what i play.
everything but when it comes to distortion i want a progressive metal sound.
but i also like the stuff such as paramore Fall out boy the catchy stuff.
Why not buy an amp with a clean and distorted tone you like?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
well because i cant find an amp with a distortion heavy enough and with a clean that is beautiful enough. so im gonna settle with an amp that has my clean channel and a alright distortion.
Judging by the retail price of the head and cab you're looking at, I'm guessing your budget is somewhere in the $800 range for just the amp?

please give us more info as to what your budget is for the amp and each pedal and whether or not you can go used. Also, will you be gigging this amp?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
welll, i can get the amp from my local music shop, for 785, so its basically what pedals i need. budget isnt a huge deal just dont go crazy
Quote by Zdalejohnson
welll, i can get the amp from my local music shop, for 785, so its basically what pedals i need. budget isnt a huge deal just dont go crazy

Well, there are loads of better amps out there that I can think of. Look into a used Mesa Boogie Mark III. That basically embodies the tones you'll want, and does them all way better than the Kustom (or any Kustom for that matter) could hope to do. In terms of pedals, you'll want a nice overdrive, maybe an EQ, and probably a delay for progressive metal.

Look into a Maxon OD9, MXR GT-OD, or Homebrew Electronics Power Screamer for a bit more cash.

For an EQ, there's really 3 options: A Danelectro Fish N' Chips if you want to save money, A Boss GE-7 if you want something a bit better, and an MXR M-108 10-Band if you're looking for a great pedal that's not overboard for what it is (an EQ ). The Danelectro really isn't too bad though.

For a delay, I like my EHX Memory Boy, but a Malekko Echo 616 might be a little better. If you want a bit more versatility, check out a Boss DD-3/DD-7 or Line 6 DL-4.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
ya that stack not very good. why do you need a stack anyway.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
i would get a valveking over a custom. i paid $350 for my vk head and cab (which was a steal) on craigslist. if you look you could find one for $400-$500. factor in a tubescreamer and eq, and you would have pretty much what you are looking for.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would get a valveking over a custom. i paid $350 for my vk head and cab (which was a steal) on craigslist. if you look you could find one for $400-$500. factor in a tubescreamer and eq, and you would have pretty much what you are looking for.

Although a Valveking would be better, it's certainly not the best option, not even for the money. I'd much rather have a high-gain Bugera than a Valveking (provided that VK isn't modded).

But TS, look for a used Mark III or DC-5.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
i'm with ibz bucket, i don't see the point in buying a mediocre overpriced ss halfstack, then buying a bunch more (expensive) pedals, when you could, for the same money, get an amp which'd do those tones out of the box, and do them better into the bargain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?