Looking at getting my first tube amp, I have a budget of $600 dollars and I play mostly prog-rock and metal. Bands like Coheed and Cambria, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, 3 Inches of Blood, some Avenged Sevenfold, August Burns Red, and Metallica. I play an Ibanez RG350MDX with a Dimarzio Super Distortion put in the bridge.

Some amps I'm checking out are

Marshall JCM 900 or 2000 combo
Peavey 6505 combo
Bugera 6262 Combo

I looked around and I see alot of mixed reviews for all of these amps, people say the JCM doesn't have enough gain for metal, and there are reliability issues with the Bugeras and the combo version of the 6505.

I know I'm not going to get the BEST quality with a low budget like this but which of these amps would be best for my situation? Or are there any others you would recommed? I'm open to suggestions.
Well you will be most satisfied with the amount of gain in either the Peavey or Bugera. Personally I would go with the Bugera. They have recently been improving their construction methods and are cranking out some real quality amps, especially for the money. They blow away expectations, really.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
The JCM2000 DSL has enough gain for Metal, and don't worry about Bugera's reliability. I would go with the Marshall if I were you, but if you still aren't sure about the gain, the 6262 is your next best bet.
^; ^^ Really? Those tones pretty much scream 6505 to me. Granted, the 6262 is a clone of one, but IMO it can't pull off the lead tones a 6505 can. TS, are clean sounds important to you?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I would like decent cleans, but they don't have to be perfect, nice distorted tones are more important for me.
Quote by Niewsk
I would like decent cleans, but they don't have to be perfect, nice distorted tones are more important for me.

Then I'd say the 6505 1x12 Combo is right up your alley. It has decent cleans, and you can always buy a Compressor and Chorus to liven them up later if you like.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30