Poll: Good idea or bad idea?
Poll Options
View poll results: Good idea or bad idea?
Good Idea
10 36%
Bad Idea
9 32%
Lol you are an idiot
9 32%
Voters: 28.
Instead of using CD's which kind of big, a little hard to transport, and require a computer before being placed onto an mp3 player why isn't music just sold on SD cards and we could even have the mp3 players have slots to accept the cards and instantly rip the music onto the player? It seems to make a lot more sense than CD's to me.
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Probably too expensive to mass produce
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
You do realize that CD's really aren't used that much anymore, don't you?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Some bands have released their music on flash drives. It's been done before in a way.

And Amazon and Itunes have done you one better by paid downloads thereby doing away with the physical representation of music altogether.
Last edited by yearzero at Jun 20, 2010,
Production cost and material use
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

Some people like having a physical copy.

But most music is bought over the internet these days anyway. There's almost no need for any tangible thing you can hold in your hands with music anymore, other than novelty.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by incarnation
You do realize that CD's really aren't used that much anymore, don't you?

wat

And SD cards are too small. Same reason a lot of Blockbusters (at least in my area) don't stock Gameboy games, especially DS. Way too easily lost. It's really easy to lose an SD card compared to a CD.
as long as they keep the quality up instead of only selling mp3s. and also, it's easier to buy something online (iTunes anyone?) than in a store.
it's a decent enough idea, but completely impractical
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I like the idea. That would be sick. But then new mp3 players would have to be made with the slot, and the cards would have to be made. And the cds that are already out would have to be put on the cards.. A.) too much money. B.) too much time C.) May not even work, so people wouldnt bother.
CDs will sound better because mp3 files are compressed and lack many crucial frequencies. By using Mp3 formats, you are losing audible quality, Use CDs and import them using a lossless format.
physical thing > digital thing. I'll take a CD that you have to be trying to truly ruin over a flash drive that my cousin who doesn't know I have important things on there could override them on, or that a dog could accidentally eat.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
because your card doesnt have an SD card player.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"