Has anyone here ever attended Country Stampede Festival in Manhattan, Kansas? It's apparently the largest country music festival in the world. I'm going to it for the first time this Friday. I'm not a big country fan, I'm basically just going to see Keith Urban's amazing guitar skills and maybe a few other acts. It's pretty much the Woodstock for country (4 days long with camping) It should be fun as I will see a lot of my college friends because its near my college.

So, has anyone ever been to this, or is going this year?

Yeah yeah, it's country. I know not many people here like country, but please don't be an a**hole and rant on it in here.
I don't like modern country music. Toby Keith is god though.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Sounds like a thing we have in Saskatchewan, Craven Country Jamboree. Last year Taylor Swift an George Strait were there. If the country stampede festival is anything like Craven, it will be an awesome time.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Quote by RockGuitar92
I don't like modern country music. Toby Keith is god though.

I'm with you about the modern part, but I classify Toby Keith as modern country. Modern Country is not really country in my eyes. Country to me is more like Johnny Cash and Keith Urban's early stuff with the band "The Ranch". Today, country is just a twangy pop. There are some bands that don't bother me, but I wont go out of my way to listen to them, and there are country bands that just down right annoy me like certain bands in other genres.

Also, I don't really consider Keith Urban's new stuff country at all. It's more of his own style of pop rock.
Quote by Polarisfan_12
Sounds like a thing we have in Saskatchewan, Craven Country Jamboree. Last year Taylor Swift an George Strait were there. If the country stampede festival is anything like Craven, it will be an awesome time.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Its more about the 4-day experience than all of the bands (but i can only go for 3 days due to conflicting summer school work)
Have fun bud, hope you hear some enjoyable music. Country's not really up my alley, though, from what I've heard of it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Mugg74
I'm with you about the modern part, but I classify Toby Keith as modern country. Modern Country is not really country in my eyes. Country to me is more like Johnny Cash and Keith Urban's early stuff with the band "The Ranch". Today, country is just a twangy pop. There are some bands that don't bother me, but I wont go out of my way to listen to them, and there are country bands that just down right annoy me like certain bands in other genres.

Also, I don't really consider Keith Urban's new stuff country at all. It's more of his own style of pop rock.

I know Toby Keith is modern country. That is why I said "though."

I like the older and more depressing country.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
i used to not think much about keith urban, until i saw his performance with john mayer at the cmt awards. he had a bit of a duel with john mayer during "hit the ground runnin'". needless to say, i was left speechless.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause