Hey guys....was wondering if anyone could help me out here.I'm trying to do some recording on reaper v3.62,i used ezdrummer to do a drum track and now when i try to do the guitar track there's about a 1/2 a second lag on it.I'm guessing it might have to with my piece of shit computer or the drivers?Any help would be appreciated,thanks guys!
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein.
Just cut off the laggy part and move the track back. Happens to me sometimes too if I'm using demanding VSTs.
Thats a pretty good idea man,thanks.Only problem then though is i can't really moniter it,which i like to do with the vocals.

Edit:The weird thing is to...when i play it back,it actually starts before it supposed to...that's not normal right?llol
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein.
Last edited by Shadowplay13 at Jun 21, 2010,
can you change the buffer size? i've never used Reaper, but you should be able to under "preferences" or something like that. make it smaller for less delay.
Are you using asio4all? Also are you rendering the drums with ez drummer in realtime, while recording and playing back that is?
Last edited by Ascendant at Jun 21, 2010,
^^I'll give that a try man and let ya know.
What settings should i change in the Buffering section?To Ascendant,yeah i'm playing back the drums and playing over it,....but like, i can hear myself typing when i have the recording moniter on and it's a little lagged,so that would probably be my sound card/driver right?Sorry I am a little computer illiterate.
Make sure you're using Asio4All. Smaller buffer size = Lower latency (lag) but more demand on the CPU.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Ooh.
Make sure you have the timing bar thingy in the middle right.

Hard to explain what I'm talking about because it's been quite some time since I've recorded anything.. but I had this problem that was making everything delayed and found out I had changed the bar in the middle to like .946 rather than 1.
or something
To volta...if your still around...is what exactly is asio4all?lol....and to technicolor,can you elaborate a little?haha thanks guys.
how are you getting the guitar siginal to the computer?

I used to have the same problem, I bought a line 6 toneport and fixed it right up however. Using the asio driver
I was just a cpu mic lol....but i got it figured out now my buddy is helping me do a complete overhaul on my comp plus he's giving me his old pre-amp and driver/soundcard?lol....so thanks for the help guys!!!!