So ive been on an amp hunt for a while and I really couldnt find anything as versatile as the mark 4 or carvin v3 for around 600 so Im deciding on finding an amp for around 600 that has more of a better clean sound but can still get a moderate gain sound then i could just push it with a really nice distortion pedal for the really hi gain stuff that i play alot. anyone think it's a good idea? Im really trying to avoid getting a muddy sound.
Sounds like you would like a Carvin x100b. Great dirt, plenty of gain and really nice cleans.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
if you're looking for a good clean sound, the peavey vavle king has a good clean sound, it's all tube... and you can get the head for under 6oo new. the overdrive isn't that bad either... you can always change out the tubes for a heavier overdrive.
You can do a lot better, Valvekings are really mediocre amps. There so many great amps that you can buy used for an equal or lower price.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
You can do a lot better, Valvekings are really mediocre amps*. There so many great amps that you can buy used for an equal or lower price.

Without work.

Check out the Bugera 6262/6260 and 333/333XL, OP, they have good cleans and drive tones, and are affordable.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Peavey Valveking's clean channel is really good for the price. It's clean channel is basically a clone of the Fender clean channel. Get a used one swap the stock speaker (if it's still stock) for a Eminence Texas Heat or a Warehouse speakers veteran 30 then change the tubes. See the Valveking thread mark II for that info. After that you should still have some $$ left for some nice pedals and a decent pedal board. A used VK112 will run $250-$300 depending on condition.
I also second a Carvin x100b...great amps. New combos are around 600 and you can find great deals on the older series