Your link brings me to the video for whip it by devo.

*Leaves thread*
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
It pays the bills and keeps food in mah belleh!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Selling out is more about the intentions of the artist than what they come up with, so unless they admit doing it it's impossible to tell if they have or not.

Hopefully that's relevant, you've linked to a song by Devo so I'm not sure what the question is.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by flame843
i was pleasantly surprised to hear Whip It by Devo when i clicked your link

OH SHIT!!! Great song, but I feel like an idiot!

FIXED IT!!

Well.... I know you can't work in fast food all your life.

Also, still not fixed.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at Jun 21, 2010,
For the right price, you'd sing about whatever I told you to.

Don't even lie.
Cool. Agree 100%.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by xaviergray
Henry Rollins is an idiot. And your link's broke.
You liar. You're the idiot. Jerk
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']For the right price, you'd sing about whatever I told you to.

Don't even lie.
No I wouldn't. With money you can really only buy things, I'm far more passionate about music than fucking tumbledriers and jetskis.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by element4433
You liar. You're the idiot. Jerk

We're all idiots!

I've only seen one sketch by him, and it was something I fundamentally disagreed with him on and the subject was one which he was clearly ignorant about But I guess that's comedy.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Well.... I know you can't work in fast food all your life.

Also, still not fixed.

Har har har...
LARGE TEXT
I clicked the link, no Devo. Someone owes me an apology.

You know, Henry Rollins once described himself as an "over-the-hill 40 year old curmudgeon" and a lot of the times he's just that. But he's pretty much on the mark here.
Quote by xaviergray
Henry Rollins is an idiot.
I gotta say I must agree. After about 30sec, I go..."This guy isn't worth listening to". I mean, honestly, it was so over the top, so fake.
Quote by whalepudding
No I wouldn't. With money you can really only buy things, I'm far more passionate about music than fucking tumbledriers and jetskis.

How dare you! Nah, that's cool. I just make provocative statements at times. I actually admire that, kinda.

You know, this is a weird one for me. I'm financially set for life and life again. So I probably don't have a price. However, back when I was broke, I'd have done just about anything just to live in luxury.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']How dare you! Nah, that's cool. I just make provocative statements at times. I actually admire that, kinda.

You know, this is a weird one for me. I'm financially set for life and life again. So I probably don't have a price. However, back when I was broke, I'd have done just about anything just to live in luxury.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get rich??
Quote by Don Quixote

Inheritance.

I'm not, like, Bill Gates wealthy or anything.

edit;; I'm not a snob either.

editedit;; By the by, if any of you ever get a large sum of money and aren't afraid of the banks going down, put it in separate accounts in banks with good annual interest rates. Wait a year before spending anything crazy. Bam, you're set.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by Don Quixote

CashNow.
The term "selling out" is, quite frankly, moronic.

Speaking hypothetically here, if I was a successful recording artist in...let's say...the metal genre, and I decided I wanted to have a go at recording a pop album, then I'm damn well going to do it. Sure, some of my fans might not like the idea, but they don't have to buy the album. They'll still have all the other stuff I did, and I'll still be doing it on tour.

Using a real life example, I think Slash has got it pretty much right. He doesn't go "NO GO AWAY I'M TOTALLY ROCK AND ROLL" when someone asks him to perform. He goes "alright, I like you, I don't care what genre you are, I'll do it."

For me, above the money, and above the fans, music should be about playing songs that YOU love.