I'm trying to beef up my pedal collection, and I'm starting to really hate my DS-1, but I can't decide whether to get an Ibanez TS9 or a Fulltone Fulldrive 2. I personally haven't tried either, but I have talked to people who have used both and have seen demos for both. I'm in an Indie/Alt/Rock band and want to get that sorta sound. So...Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
My Band:
http://khamsin.bandcamp.com/

My Rig:

Fender Jaguar HH Special ->
Boss TU-2
SP Compressor
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
Fulltone OCD
Vox AC15CC1
the TS9 is amazing but fultone makes a good pedal as well its all a matter of personal choice bro. i use a fultone OCD
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
They're very similar in frequency response. The Full Drive has the flat mids setting though that makes it considerably more transparent, although not perfect and the Comp Cut mode is fantastic for a massive boost. Add the boost switch that adds gain along with a switch for asymmetrical and MOSFET clipping and you have the clear winner IMO. The Full Drive is much more dynamic as well. Just so you know, I don't really like either with humbuckers but YMMV.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, I'm willing to buy either one so my budget is within $99-180, but if there is another pedal someone suggests/I try out, I don't want to go above $180 at all (that's how much a new Fulldrive is, also).
My Band:

My Rig:

Boss TU-2
SP Compressor
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
Fulltone OCD
Vox AC15CC1
That's a pretty solid budget.

The Ts-9 is alright, it's a great boost but I don't really find it has enough gain on tap. Great for bluesy SRV type tone.

Also check out the ts808.

If you are looking at the fulldrive, I would definitely also look into the diamond J-drive (probably my favorite..) and the HBE paradrive.

I'm not really sure exactly what sound your after. Are you looking to drive a tube amp harder or use the pedal as your OD tone?

The lovepedal kanji is what I'm using at the moment, and is amazing for mid gain smooth OD.

If you're after a thicker OD I'd look into the jetter gain stage blue and the MJM phantom
Look into the Homebrew Power Screamer or MI Audio Blues Pro.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
To me, the fulldrive is one of the best od pedals avaliable right now. I also have a Ts 808 but I only use that as a boost to the fulldrive to add that extra umph. The fulldrive sounds very creamy with my strat. I say the fulldrive 2 but at the end of the day it's your personal opinion that matters
It would be helpful to know what type of amp you are using. Your DS1 is a full on distortion pedal, you won't anything remotely like that from an overdrive, unless you just want to compliment your amps distortion. If you have an overdriven tube amp and kick on an od pedal that is some seriously awesome distortion. If that is your plan ts9s are okay, but why not spend the same amount of money on a true bypass pedal like Maxon od9, I got one with keeley mods on ebay for $80. I also like the Maxon808, these maxon pedals are higher quality than ibanez imo. Fulltone is cool, but really expensive, it depends on just how many options you really need. I just crank the volume to max, gain to min, adjust tone and those are the only options I need personally.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
I have a Vox AC15 (tube) and an Epiphone SG ('66 reissue) and I want to use the pedal I choose to both boost the amp's overdrive and use it as my OD on clean.
I don't want a real biting sound, I guess, like 80's metal, but more of a 90's lighter post-grunge alternative sound: along the lines of Switchfoot and this band called Sleep for Sleepers i just saw a few weeks ago.
I'd like the pedal to be able to be somewhat transparent and have a deep, full, crunchy sound.
My Band:

My Rig:

Boss TU-2
SP Compressor
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
Fulltone OCD
Vox AC15CC1
I'd go with the Fullton GT-500, OD and Distortion at a really good price. I'd love to have one of these, but I just don't need the distortion, my peavey has an absurd amount of distortion already, probably not the case with your vox though. GT-500 just can't go wrong, look on ebay and get it used for cheap.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
Well, I went with the Fulldrive. I went to Guitar Center and tried both out and a few others (a couple MXRs and some other one I can't remember). I loved the tone and variety of the Fulldrive and decided to buy it. It sounds amazing and I love it to death! Thanks for everyones opinions and help!
My Band:

My Rig:

Boss TU-2
SP Compressor
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
Fulltone OCD