I thought of this while on a certain board that will remain nameless after someone posted that we should kill off all the religious people. bear with me.
> "Radical" Atheists Implying that violence will end violence

we cannot kill the religious, that would be hypocritical. we must quarantine them instead.
also atheists and theists aren't so different we're all just as irrational as everybody else, if you get mad you will act like a mad person.
so why do people who claim the world will be at peace when we remove religion act in such a violent manner? the answer is simple; you are all hypocrites.
If we begin to kill off the people that believe in a higher power? what have we become? we become a militaristic society with little freedoms, the world has yet to see a true democracy and if what the OP suggests were to happen, soon we would devolve into something much worse than what we see in China, North Korea or the Middle east, we would eventually become similar to what happened in the middle ages. complete Fascist intolerance. would you like to be killed for what you believe, or for disagreeing with someone?

if you really wish for would peace; we must teach everyone to keep their nose out of everyone else's business. what you believe is your business and no one else's. so get you nose out of my business, I'll return the favor, and we can all live happily ever after.

The world really would be a better place if everyone just minded their own business and people stopped trying to stuff conformity down everyone's throats.

and as for the "quarantine the religious bit"; in detail what i mean is keep the religions relatively separate from each other to prevent religious conflict. if the Israelites and the Muslims aren't sprawling over each other trying to stuff a bunch of very religious people in a small area; what are they going to fight over? nothing. Geographical distance will promote political and emotional distance allowing for everyone to believe what they believe without persecution. I understand that this can actually be counter productive and actually promote religious intolerance, however all that is recuried os the practiced teaching of the Idea that religions are different answers to the same question. but my goal is not universal religious tolerance, merely peace and the ending of unnecessary wars.

I am seeking open discussion here so feel free to post whatever you have to say on the topic. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
so please pit, let us have a rational discussion about how we can achieve world peace without violent revolution(s)/resolution(s)

tl;dr: keep your nose out of other people's business and world peace will result. ITT solutions that will provide for world peace.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Religion/Philosophy thread.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
There's a thread for this.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by rgrockr
Religion/Philosophy thread.

Dis mang rite here knws his threds.
LARGE TEXT
this man right here wants all of the Pit's input not just the wanna be philosophers in the philosophy thread. there's a reason why i posted it here you dumbasses now stop telling me where to post and respond to what I've put forth goddamnit.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

might i just add that I've never suggested killing all of the religious people, so don't chew me out for it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
this man right here want all of the Pit's input not just the wanna be philosophers int eh philosophy thread. there's a reason why i posted it you you dumbasses now stop telling me where to post and respond to what I've put forth goddamnit.

Yo mang, we dont take kindly 2 rudeness.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by an epic mistake
might i just add that I've never suggested killing all of the religious people, so don't chew me out for it.

om not chewing anyone out, I'm looking for discussion.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

stop smokin the pipe hippie !!!!! dont try and look deep into things that have no solution, if it was that easy they would of thought of that already.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
this man right here wants all of the Pit's input not just the wanna be philosophers in the philosophy thread. there's a reason why i posted it here you dumbasses now stop telling me where to post and respond to what I've put forth goddamnit.

^^^omg Teh Grammmer Is Sooo Philosofikal I Trust Everything Ur Sayin Here!!!111!!!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
The point is that we wouldn't fight over religion. Yeah, no shit we would still fight.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Holy.
Yo mang, we dont take kindly 2 rudeness.

yo mang i don't take kindly to people thinking i haven't been here before. i also don't take kindly to people not taking kindly to people. now why don't you post something related to the topic I've put forth instead of just spouting useless nonsense
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Solutions for world peace?

Kill every single living person. "As long as there are men, there will be war". Humanity in general is a greedy thing prone to violence and irrationality. It's in human nature to do these things because it increases your chance of survival if you have "more" and eliminate all "competition". Locke's blank slate theory is invalid so even if we managed to get to every newborn child in the world and create a warm, loving environment for them, many of them would still be little bastards. You make decisions based on a part of your DNA that are, in a sense, your instincts. Without these genetic instructions, no species would survive. Instinct based survival is obsolete in modern times, but evolution isn't exactly fast, so I believe people will always squabble amongst themselves. If everyone in the world were atheist they would all argue about some cause equally so trivial as whose imaginary friend is the best. Oh, and generally people believe they know best and are correct about what they speak of, so the "stay out of other people's business" idea is unlikely to happen. I do believe that would end a fair deal of conflict though.

What does it mean to be a good person? To lead a virtuous life, improve ones self, and not sin? Ah, but here lies the problem. Ethics is relative and each person differs in what they consider to be sin and what they think is "improvement". Flagellants for one example would use self mutilation and rejection of their humanity as a means to that end, while the Westboro Baptist Church would kill... well.. everyone, as "God's will".

tl;dr World peace is impossible due to human nature.

Excuse me if anything I've said makes me sound like an idiot. I read too much philosophy and history.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
om not chewing anyone out, I'm looking for discussion.

the way your post was worded made it sound like every atheist wanted to get rid of all religions via force, and that it was wrong. discussion or preaching?

anyway, I think that ending all religions wouldn't help anything. people will find something else stupid and pointless to fight about.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

idiot wtf is professional philosopher compared to a "wanna be" and yeah religious philosophy thread.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!