Hello Pit

I thought i would ask here for advice on what pc i should get, specifically for gaming. At the moment my computer is generally slow and cannot run good games at all. Its also very slow when i multi-task with programs. I was looking at an Alienware pc but they are incredably overpriced so now im left with alot of choices and no idea what to do. I would prefeer a Nvidia graphics card because I have had alot of problems the ATI Radeon card im currently using. My price range is anywhere below $2000 but Preferably around $1000. So what pc would you recommend?
Why you asking the Pit? Why not ask at any store but Best Buy? I say any store BUT Best Buy cuz I think their prices are rediculous. I got this PC I'm using right now for $500. At Best Buy, it sells for prolly $1,000+.

inb4 alienware
My bro got a 3rd party gaming computer on ebay, from a place called LU Computers, it was less than $1000 and it handles every game, including Crysis on very high, with ease. Don't get a name brand, get a 3rd party custom built, it'll save loads of cash.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Alienware is just about the absolute worse choice you can pick for a computer. Not only do they suck, but you lose much more money than if you got ripped off from another company.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i've seen alienware computers at best buy for around 800. it looked really sexy.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
ibuypower.com and cyberpowerpc.com are great 3rd party builders, with decent prices. Theoretically, it's cheaper to build your own, like I did, but with a premade pc, you don't run into troubleshooting issues.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Preassembled computers are overrated anyway. Build your own or get one built. It'll cost 30% less than when you buy a computer at any hardware store and getting one built will save you 50% of the costs of having to get spare parts because you **** up.
Your best bet is to build your own computer that way you get exactly what you want and dont have to deal with crappy manufacturers. I personally used newegg for building my pc.
you can build and you save a ton and can build a beast of a pc, if you want one pre built. try alienware, do not use Ibuypower, horrible company or cyberpowerpc
LOL
I would recommend just building one yourself. It's actually pretty rewarding knowing exactly what's going in there, and knowing that you (generally) paid a lot less for it too. Plus you can tailor it to your liking much better. Just google some good builds; I'm sure there are dozens of guides online that'll help you.
Quote by SiKh22
you can build and you save a ton and can build a beast of a pc, if you want one pre built. try alienware, do not use Ibuypower, horrible company or cyberpowerpc

You pay twice as much for the Alienware name alone. You could build a $3000 alienwware rig for $1000.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
You pay twice as much for the Alienware name alone. You could build a $3000 alienwware rig for $1000.

*ahem* And a fancy color changing LED chassis worth about $200. [/sarcasm]

Oh, and message me if you want a good parts list. I have a little bit of experience building my own computers. And you definitely want an ATI graphics card. You get much more for the price 90% of the time.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Last edited by pokeatthedevil at Jun 21, 2010,
I highly recommend you do (a lot of) research in building your own computer.

What components you use depends on what you want to do (Gaming, Media, Spreadsheets). Building your own rig not only ensures you get what you want (and with $1000-2000 it would be difficult for you to miss that target ) you can also upgrade your rig over the years to keep it at a level that you want it to be at easily. Heck, you might even have cash left over to play with.

EDIT: yes, and there is also the computer thread to help with further details. .

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Jun 21, 2010,