So, I just bought the Pro Tools Recording Studio Interface two days ago, to begin instrumental demos with my band until we get a mic, at which point we will be mic'ing the guitars and vocals, going direct in for the bass and keyboards, and programming the drums for our first EP
The only problem is, this stuff came with no instructions, and I have no idea how the Hell to use it. I can set it up to record guitar, keyboards, and bass direct in, but it will only record four bars in 4/4 time at 120 bpm before it resets to the start of the recording, so I only capture the last four bars of what I play. Also, I have no idea how to program the drums, even though the guy from Guitar Center said it would work just like Cubase LE 4
Any help would be HUGELY appreciated guys! Thanks in advance!
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I think Metallica had the same problem in 2003.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
If you can get a tutorial for it, do that.
but it sounds like you're stuck in a loop, there should be an option titled 'loop playback/record' in one of the drop down menus, turn that off.

No idea how the drums will work, haven't used PT8's midi too extensively.
Thanks Rakoro, you solved the problem about the looping, but I still can't figure out how to program drums via MIDI, does anyone know about that?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
You will need to create either a new instrument track or a new midi track, then put a drum plugin on the insert of that track to start
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
I can't get the drum MIDI on anything but a MIDI track, and it won't let me use the Inserts (where my drum plugins are) on MIDI tracks. I've set up a drum sequencer on an instrument track, and a MIDI track with the drums on it, but I can't get them on the same track. What do I do now?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Thanks a MILLION man, you just totally saved my ass. I'm the only guy in the band with Pro Tools, so they would have slaughtered me if I couldn't do this XD
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened