I've decided I'm going to book a spot on an open mic night, and I was hoping you could give me some feedback on song ideas. I'll have a bass play and a drummer, and I'll be doing guitar, and I'll have to find a vocalist.

the list

1) Lenny - SRV
2) Freedom - Hendrix
3) Original
4) Since I've been loving you - Zeppelin

as you can tell I'm mostly into blues rock.
How long to you get to play for? That sort of material could easily run over your time slot. I wouldn't play Lenny first, I'd probably swap it for Freedom, then the original, then Lenny and then Since I've Been Loving You.
Quote by Confusius
How long to you get to play for? That sort of material could easily run over your time slot. I wouldn't play Lenny first, I'd probably swap it for Freedom, then the original, then Lenny and then Since I've Been Loving You.

I can sign up for however long I want. and is there any reason you'd order them that way?
I really like your choice of songs. Especially Lenny. Good luck to you and your bassist and drummer !
Reverand Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by The_Sophist
I can sign up for however long I want. and is there any reason you'd order them that way?

Well I don't know what your original is like, but just for the rhythm of the performance I'd avoid starting off with something like Lenny. I'm not saying it's a bad tune or anything, it's an awesome song, but I don't think it's really a gig starter. If you can sign up for as long as you want I'd stick in a few more songs. Two or three more songs could get you up to about half an hour of performing which could be pretty sweet.
You should play some Sophist
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Paramore.
Reverand Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout

If your going to do a Reverend Horton Heat song it has to be Bales Of Cocaine surely. That track just cracks me up.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification