Page 1 of 3
I like films. Who doesn't? They can portray a large range of genres and themes through an audio-visual medium which can appeal to pretty much everyone. However, I rarely watch films. The last film I watched at the cinema was Watchmen, and I cannot remember the next film. I don't go very often. Not only that, I don't watch films at home often at all. I often mind myself lacking in film knowledge compared to many of my friends.

But, I do like films. I thought this summer I could dedicate many hours into watching some superb films. Any. As long as they're neither stupid or boring. So, make your suggestions.

inb4Twilight.
No country for old men, Gattaca, Se7en, The man from earth, Snatch and shutter island are a good start. I think you'd like all of them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jun 21, 2010,
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Trainspotting
Two of my favourite movies

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Here's the obvious Schindler's List, The Shawshank redemption and the Green Mile before they get brought up a thousand times.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
The A-Team, Avatar, Invictus, and The Nirvana movie when it comes out
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
Trainspotting, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, The Hangover, Anchorman, Lucky Number Slevin, Up, Blow
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Last edited by charlie__flynn at Jun 21, 2010,
I saw The Ghost Writer two weeks ago. I really liked it! It's supposed to be a thriller but there are a lot of funny moments and Ewan McGregor is great in it
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
(500) Days Of Summer, the best film I've seen from last year
The Dark Knight, obv.
Moulin Rouge!, great musical, great romance, a lot of fun
Pukp Fiction. Do this if anything.
Westerns.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Hangover, This Is Spinal Tap, When You're Strange, It Might Get Loud, Zombieland, Scarface, American Psycho.

Tell me who's that writin'...
Last edited by Kylianvb at Jun 21, 2010,
oh, and forgot Bran Nue Dae
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
any tarentino movie, the guy is a genius
CARPE DIEM

Quote by Butt Rayge
Hot chicks love it when you hit them.

If you don't hit them, you're weak.

GEAR:

ESP ECLIPSE-I
MARSHALL JCM2000 TSL601
DIGITECH RP250
no country for old men
lock, stock and two smoking barrels

I just watched lock stock the other day for the first time, as far as British gangster films go i think its very good and very funny in parts.
you are what you is
Quote by Craigo
I'm a bit iffy with the idea of Holocaust films; the only one I've seen seemed really transparent.

Schindler's list isn't that transparent. Great actors (Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley) and the director is Steven Spielberg.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Watch through the IMDB Top 250. 250 to 1. Guaranteed quality, I guess. Although.. Avatar is still somehow in there so they'll be some instances of bore.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
28 Days Later.

I came in to say 28 Weeks Later actually...

Se7en
Fight Club
Animal House
The Big Lebowski
The Road
Clerks I & II
Everything else Kevin Smith has made
Taken
The Bourne Trilogy

A few of my favourites.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Kensai
Schindler's list isn't that transparent. Great actors (Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley) and the director is Steven Spielberg.

Yeah, Schindler's List is good, the best of Spielberg alongside Catch me If You Can and minority Report.

EDIT: And Jaws, duh!
Last edited by Confusius at Jun 21, 2010,
Pirates. It's a sweet movie.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Garage - Irish film, story of a recluse that has worked at a garage all his life and befriends the new kid that has just begun working with him. very modern in its minimalistic approach, but yet has some very deep characters.

Pi - a guy with psychological issues attempts to find a mathematical equation that can predict the stock market. on his journey, he runs into a jew who is attempting to find the meaning of life through the mathematics of the torah, and they both end up running into the number pi and soon find that it begins to take over their lives.

Twelve Monkeys - bruce willis travels between a dystopian future and the present. very bizzare sci-fi but comes together well at the end.

The Weather Man - nicholas cage plays an average everyday divorce that hates what his life what has become. and hes a weatherman. very realistic and 'everyman'.

Wackness - josh peck (the dude from drake and josh) plays a weed dealer in the early 90s. somewhat of a guy-falls-in-love-with-girl movie, yet quite realistic and some top quality acting.

Zardoz - sean connery runs around in an orange diaper. he gets abducted by the elites of society in a post apocalyptic world because he is the epitome of a sexual brute. all the women want to bone him. lots of titties, great sci-fi piece.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Kensai

My old History teacher always had some suspicion for it which has been passed down. I'll probably see through it anyway, like I did for Gladiator, which was just an insane rewriting
Read books instead

I dunno, I don't watch movies much. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship was good enough. Se7en. The Shawshank Redemption. The Green Mile. The 40 year old Virgin for some cheap laughs.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
For everyone posting the top imdb films, you should really look further than that. Sure, some of the greatest films of all time are there and for good reason. Films like The Godfather, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly should be on any top films list but there are many others that are there simply because of how much of an influence American taste has on the list.

In fact, looking over that list, it's unbelievable how biased it is towards American standards.
Oh yeah, and Once. That movie is incredibly good.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Any Clint Eastwood film. Seriously. Children of Men, V for Vendetta, the LOTR trilogy, original Star Wars trilogy, Taken, Red Dragon, Cube, Cube 2 if you want a mind ****. There's so many good films out there.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
No offense to threadstarter, but does anyone else get pissed when people substitute the word 'films' for 'movies'? It sounds pretentious when I hear Hot Tub Time Machine described as a 'film.'
"discos are preparing our youth for the reaction speeds neccessary for world war 3."
Quote by empty bathtub
No offense to threadstarter, but does anyone else get pissed when people substitute the word 'films' for 'movies'? It sounds pretentious when I hear Hot Tub Time Machine described as a 'film.'

You sound pretentious. As far as I'm concerned, they're interchangeable words.
Page 1 of 3