I've gotta do two songs out of the book and one of my choice for my grade 5 rockschool exam.

I was thinking of Shadows - Apache but I don't know if it is 'technical' enough.

It's got a few triplets in and it would show I know how to use guitar effects to enhance my playing I guess.

What do you guys think? Or do you think it wouldn't be impressive?

Danny
I think that it doesnt matter what song you pick, as long as you play it right and make it your own then how can you fail?
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Also, it doesn't say in the book I have, do I have to bring a backing track or the original song to the exam to play along with?
Well according to this page it needs to have a backing track minus the guitar, on CD.
http://www.rockschool.co.uk/rsl/index.aspx?pageID=637
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
bah so many requirements. I'd rather learn another one off the cd - haha. I'm gonna see if apache or waterfall - stone roses fit them requirements.

how do I find out how many bars a song is (without counting it manually). get a GP tab and use that I guess?
Thats weird, I did my grade 8 Bass last year and did Portrait of Tracy by Jaco Pastorius, which is a solo bass piece, therefore no backing track. Plus, it clocks in at just over two minutes. Still the guy said it was fine. I wouldnt take their guidelines too seriously, but to be safe try and stick to them as much as possible. On the day, the guy isnt likely to care as long as it isnt massively unsuitable.
cheers might send them a disk with it on and see what they say about it just to be safe, but i'll start learning that in the mean time.

when shall i book my test? when I'm completely ready for it so I just need to practice or now with a few months to learn so I have something to work towards?