ok so, it's now summer time here in Michigan so I've migrated to garage! yayy! any who, since of this warm weather we've been getting, its been really humid and muggy and hot in the garage, where all my stuff is, and theres no air conditioning or open doors or windows or nothing in there so it's always hot and stuff.
And i was wondering if this damages guitars and or fret boards because there is a bunch of like gunk in the grain of one of mine, i think it is just from my hands but yeah

is there any way to prevent this?
should i just wipe it down with some lemon oil to get rid of it?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
yeah i would clean it off with lemon oil or other well known fretboard conditioner.

and if you know your guitar is in a harmful environment, why not take it home with you? dont let laziness destroy your investment.
Quote by ikey_
yeah i would clean it off with lemon oil or other well known fretboard conditioner.

and if you know your guitar is in a harmful environment, why not take it home with you? dont let laziness destroy your investment.

i am at home! haha i think ill just take them inside during the night and when im not playing them
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Yes, your guitar will take damage from being in very humid or very dry places. It's not only the fretboard, but all the wood in general, as with all other wooden.. "hardware" (in lack of better words).

But I think it is mostly acoustic guitars. So, if you've got an acoustic, get it in a hardcase with a few of those little packs with the small balls (yes, I said balls) that are usually in the case of a new pair of shoes, or in the pocket of a newly bought pair of jeans.

Love
Quote by M_16A
i am at home! haha i think ill just take them inside during the night and when im not playing them

OR put them in the case, which should have its own neutral climate (if you have one),
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Humidity will make everything pop apart. Even the wall paper in your bathroom. Humidity is never a good thing.