I'm pretty into digital photography, but I haven't gotten the "editing bug" yet. Something about a lack of skill...bothered me. I've now realized that Photoshop isn't bad; it can be a great tool.

So, since I'm experienced with photography but now with editing, what is the reccommended program? I am a student, so I can get the cs5 student and teacher edition for $200, or should I just get the elements version for $90?

I have a $50 gift card for Amazon.com, so knock each price down $50. I would rather spend more now and be happy with it, then spend less and wish I had something more powerful down the road. But at the same time, I don't know what is too powerful for my needs.

Also, if you have any good teaching websites for photoshop, it'd be awesome if you could share them.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I thought this was going to be an epic shoop thread.

On topic, get the expensive one.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I'd get the 200$ edition. There's many great Youtube-tutorials that can help you get started.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
why not get it for free? Nobody buys photoshop anymore.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Get the CS5 student edition. As for websites most of them aren't organized all that well. I recommend getting magazine subscriptions, books (not "learn Photoshop" whatever etc... but professional guides that assume you know the software already), and "bookazines" which are collected materials from digital art and photography magazines.

(I have a degree in graphic design, and I work as a professional graphic and web designer)
Yeah man, you can get the Pro edition for $0.

But if you had to choose one of the ones you've suggested, I'd get the $200 version.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Ok, thanks guys/girls. I'd rather buy this, since it is a more expensive item..I got some $$$ for graduation, so it's not a big deal.

I'll check out youtube and some mags. In bookstores I kept seeing the marketed books, which really seemed like a rip off, then I also saw lots of junky websites.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.