Hi I am planning on learning the fretboard. However, I almost always play in drop c. Should I learn the fretboard in Standard or Drop C?
Please explain and help
xxxNames Aaron,
Would Love To Get A Band,
Talk To Me I'm Nice.
If you learn it in E standard you'd be able to learn drop C pretty easily from what you will then know. You could do the opposite with drop C.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
My advice: do both. I'd make standard the priority though. You can always take what you've learned from that and figure out where the notes fall in drop C from there. Drop C lost its novelty for me a long time ago, I imagine the same'll happen for you unless you wind up in a band that plays in it all the time. Standard FTW.
Quote by Deadeye_X7
My advice: do both. I'd make standard the priority though. You can always take what you've learned from that and figure out where the notes fall in drop C from there. Drop C lost its novelty for me a long time ago, I imagine the same'll happen for you unless you wind up in a band that plays in it all the time. Standard FTW.

+1
standard is definately the best to learn
drop c is the same note layout just a couple of frets down
with exception of the 6th
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I became disillusioned with alternate tunings a long time ago. I would say that 90% of my favorite songs are in standard tuning. You don't HAVE to detune to be heavy. Oh and to answer your question, learning it in standard makes the transition to C easier, I feel. But what do I know?
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
I never play in Drop C, theres no real point. I'll do drop D though, because there are some riffs you can only play in a drop tuning. Otherwise I'm always is standard though. I would learn the fretboard in Standard, because its basically the same except for the lowest string, which is shifted two frets over. (Yes the entire guitar is shifted over too, but you can get away with thinking of it the same.)
It doesn't matter what are his reasons to play Drop C, I don't do it myself, only if I meet a singer that sings really low I'd do that, anyway, I suggest you learn Standard, then if you need to, go and memorize the fretboard on Drop C
Quote by almosthuman36
Learning sheet music will add to your knowledge of music theory, which will add to your knowledge of writing, which will make your songs sound better, which will make you more popular, which will increase your chances of getting laid.