im thinking of getting one, im just wandering how much they are.

has anyone ever ordered one and if so how much did it cost?

i dont want anything crazy just a few tweeks.

ide like a dinky, with flame maple dyed blue, neck through, ebony fretboard, and the standerd shark tooth inlays, and a hardtail bridge.

any idea what thats gonna run me?

thanks james
Not sure about the price. No less than $1500 or like 1000 pounds. Yeah my friend has one and he says he really likes it.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
well ide be willing to spend about 1.5k GBP, on a custom jackson.
Quote by wozzsta
im thinking of getting one, im just wandering how much they are.

has anyone ever ordered one and if so how much did it cost?

i dont want anything crazy just a few tweeks.

ide like a dinky, with flame maple dyed blue, neck through, ebony fretboard, and the standerd shark tooth inlays, and a hardtail bridge.

any idea what thats gonna run me?

thanks james

So when you say a Dinky with neck through, you realise that's called a Soloist right?

Anyway, I'm not entirely up to speed on the current custom shop pricing, but expect it to be more than a standard USA select guitar. The last I heard, they charge a standard USA select series price, then add to that price based on what custom changes the customer wants.

It's not an outlandish spec you've stated by any means, but it will still probably cost at least 50% more than a standard USA Soloist, and here in the UK you;re lucky if you can find a new USA Soloist for £1500, more often they're closer to £2000.

So basically what I'm saying is that I would expect the quote you got back from a Jackson dealer to be in the £3000 range. I think.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
So when you say a Dinky with neck through, you realise that's called a Soloist right?

Anyway, I'm not entirely up to speed on the current custom shop pricing, but expect it to be more than a standard USA select guitar. The last I heard, they charge a standard USA select series price, then add to that price based on what custom changes the customer wants.

It's not an outlandish spec you've stated by any means, but it will still probably cost at least 50% more than a standard USA Soloist, and here in the UK you;re lucky if you can find a new USA Soloist for £1500, more often they're closer to £2000.

So basically what I'm saying is that I would expect the quote you got back from a Jackson dealer to be in the £3000 range. I think.

thanks for the reply well i guess im gonna be getting a standered dinky then, never mind, eh, i dont mind bolt on to much.
I don't know about European pricing, but I would expect any custom shop Jackson to be $3000+ new in the US. IMO they are not worth the money - fine guitars, but nothing to justify those sorts of prices.

You might look at GMW (see my NGD thread if you haven't already) as an alternative. They used to custom-build Jacksons and Charvels, and can produce that style of guitar at a better price/quality point than Jackson in my opinion.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
custom jacksons can be anywhere from $3000 to $5000 for a normal guitar, carvins and GMWs will prolly be better for u, btw carvin has a solist- ish model, just no sharkfin inlays, and ebony fretboard is standard
Eh.
Check out RAN guitars if you're wanting a custom like that. It will still be pricey but they build solid stuff.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Check out RAN guitars if you're wanting a custom like that. It will still be pricey but they build solid stuff.

Ran's a massive pain to deal with, apparently.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera