So kello guys I'm thinking of buying a new electric guitar, 'cause my old one doesn't suit me very well. I'm thinking of spending about 1000 $ on it (more or less) and i'm thinking of one of LTD's Ex model . Could you tell me a little bit about it or could you reccommend anything else for my mentioned price?

Depest regards for your taken time
What kind of music do you play?
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Almost everything from rock to metal ... i should say ,that now I play rock rarelly ... more heavy /hard /thrash metal
Oh ,I forgot to tell that I'm interested in playing both : rhythm and solo's
This belongs in the EG forum man. I'm going to report this to a mod so they can move it there.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
K then, look for Ibanez's, Especially Prestige models. Also try and find an ESP that's not an LTD.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Quote by Sshmoo
K then, look for Ibanez's, Especially Prestige models. Also try and find an ESP that's not an LTD.

What is the point in avoiding the LTD models? Some of them are very nice, and use very good tonewoods.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Agree with metalwarrior40 that LTD ex is made from mahogany wood and neck is made from rosewood Yeah ,I've seen Ibanez , but they are so similar to each other.... besides that LTD ex model doesn't differ from ESP Ex model with nothin' . Maybe 1 part , that's all...

Also ,what do you think about buying viper? Anyone can refer about it ?
viper is a baaaaaaaad idea.
speaking from experience, the LTD versions have a lot of neckdive!
this is because the guitar is designed to have a mahogany neck, but the cheaper versions use maple necks.

and maple is heavier than mahogany. rest of the story is obvious.

EDIT:

LTD Explorers however ... damn. love that neck!!!!!!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Antinas
FOrgot to tell ,that I have an Marshall MG 50 DFX amp

perhaps you need an advanced amp sorry but the MG stuff isn't all that great if you want to get serious about your playing and tone, get a tube amp.

i have to comment on the perception you seem to have about what makes an advanced guitar. a guitar is a guitar whether you play lead or rhythm and if you want to be taken seriously then having good rhythm chops is a must and decent lead skill is a good thing as well. $1000 won't buy you "advanced" a good player can make any (within reason) guitar sound great. just go play as many guitars as you can and keep an open mind. the one that speaks to you is the one you buy.

for the record i have liked most of the LTD guitars i've played and find them a good value for the money. Sterling is Music Mans budget brand and i like those as well.
To Eskil Rask : so you should reccomment to search for a LTD model that's neck and body is made from mahogany ?

To monwobobbo : of course i'm going to try as much guitars as I can.. The only bad thing that can happen is that my head can get confused ... My amp satisfies my for now... maybe after some time I'll buy a new one... But thanks for your advice
LTDs EX top models are great guitar, i have a FX-256 and i love it, Same as my H-251FM they're cheap guitar compared to some people standards but most people around here have their head up their asses and won't accept a guitar that's worth under $1000US i swear.

LTD deluxe may be great as well.

EC-1000 look AMAZING in VB.
That EC-1000 looks pretty nasty but I would like smth more unusual
Explorers are great, But you HAVE to remember about the tail piece sticking out, I've dinged mine into several things because i always forget,

You could try a V if you wanting to give that a shot (you need to play in classical position when seated)

The H-351 would be pretty great, the belly cut on the "H" series is amazing. There's also floyd rose and string through versions,

I personally prefer ESP / LTD over any other brand, (most guitars anyway) just feel better and i prefer the painted necks, where as ibanez mostly have unfinished neck which my hands stick to like glue.

If you're looking for something unusual check out the "FX" explorers.
Quote by BoL7z

I personally prefer ESP / LTD over any other brand, (most guitars anyway) just feel better and i prefer the painted necks, where as ibanez mostly have unfinished neck which my hands stick to like glue.

sorry to break it you but it is actually the other way round... polyurethane finish on the back of the neck creates more friction so it is harder to slide

thats why most people prefer satin finished necks,they dont stick like the ones with the painted necks do..especially when you're covered in sweat...
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 22, 2010,