Hi there, i just have a question, i have an esp ec-50 and usually the top pickup selector switch controls the bridge pickup, but in my case the top seems to control the neck instead, i got this guitar seconds hand, maybe they installed it wrong? is there any way that i can have the top selector switch control the bridge instead of the neck?

thanks
Do you mean volume control?

As there is only one pickup selector switch, and up is always the neck pickup
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M

When the selector switch points up, it's supposed to control the neck pup.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
So you want the switch to control the bridge pu when you flip it up. Simply rotate the pickup selector switch after taking off the plate around it. If that can't be done then you have to resolder the connections to make that happen.
Schecter C-1+
Crestwood Strat Copy (Modded Single Humbucker)
OLP MM2
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ampeg B25B
Ampeg SVT 15e
RCG Doubleneck #1
Hi there, thanks for the replies, however i am still a bit confused, because my guitar is a les paul style body and i saw the demo on my guitar and the person doing the demo explained that when the selector switch points up, it activates the neck pickup, but in my case, if the selector points up, it activates the bridge instead, is it possible to correct this? i recon that the previous owner probably installed the pickups wrong?
A second ago you said the pickup selector pointing up was the neck and you wanted it the other way around...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Yes, in most cases the pickup selector switch when up activates the neck pickup. If you want this to be reversed then you simply take the cover off and rotate it around.

If that does not work then you have to disconnect and resolder.
Quote by psyguitarist
So you want the switch to control the bridge pu when you flip it up. Simply rotate the pickup selector switch after taking off the plate around it. If that can't be done then you have to resolder the connections to make that happen.

Thanks for the reply, i am trying to do what u adviced me to do, i will update this post asap. thanks.