Hey UG! I'm quite new and I'm looking for a new guitar!
I'm looking at Jackson and LTD alot because they seem to look the best and feels like good guitars. It's really hard to find in most musicshops here in Sweden though.
I am lucky sometimes and find a Jackson V but almost always does it have a Tremolo system which I DON'T want.

I need help on choosing a guitar that doesn't have a tremolo system, preferably EMG pickups in it and it doesn't matter if it's a King V or a Rhoads etc..

My budget is around 500$-1000$. Thank you!

BTW : Why does 80% of metal guitars have a tremolo system? :S most people I play with DISLIKE the floyd rose systems and prefer a fixed bridge.. Thanks
The ESP LTD V-500/401/300 is a good bet
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Mackan1994
Hey UG! I'm quite new and I'm looking for a new guitar!
I'm looking at Jackson and LTD alot because they seem to look the best and feels like good guitars. It's really hard to find in most musicshops here in Sweden though.
I am lucky sometimes and find a Jackson V but almost always does it have a Tremolo system which I DON'T want.

I need help on choosing a guitar that doesn't have a tremolo system, preferably EMG pickups in it and it doesn't matter if it's a King V or a Rhoads etc..

My budget is around 500$-1000$. Thank you!

BTW : Why does 80% of metal guitars have a tremolo system? :S most people I play with DISLIKE the floyd rose systems and prefer a fixed bridge.. Thanks

It's not that most guitars have a Floyd or similar, it's just that many metal guitars have one because it's what many metal guitarists want. Many people without experience on them also want them, dreaming that one will solve all their tuning problems forever. Basically, it's demand what the companies think about when designing their products.

As for possible guitars, do check out a Jackson RR5 if you have the dough for it or maybe an Ltd V-300.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
ESP LTD V-300. And why? It's because FR's are very popular with metal. Divebombing and the like are popular techniques in metal.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Hmm okay thank you! I don't know where to find those though.. I think they're hard to find in sweden.. :S
ESP makes some good guitars
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Yeah I know that. I'm currently playing on a Epiphone Les paul that's very well setup. Would this V-300 be alot better than it? And is it common that it come with fret buzz etc when u order it? :S
I would, but that's just personal opinion

Fret buzz isnt a problem on my V-500
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Yeah i saw! Will it cost me alot to ship it here? :S im quite worried how much it will cost in the end..
Check out Schecter as well.

From the point of body shape, Traditional or King V is more comfortable to play seated than a RR model. RR tends to be a bit neck heavy as well (depends on various factors).

Having played a les paul, you'll propably prefer the LTD neck. That LTD-300 model is good because it's a set-thru neck, something you'll like much more than a bolt-on.

Pickups are all the same as you can change them later on with ease if you own a soldering iron (they're cheap to buy as well)

Ps. Check out quality used guitars
im gonna have to recommend you a schecter hellraiser V1. mahogany body for a thick, metal tone. the black cherry finish also comes with a quilt maple top if you want a 'fuller' tone. EMG 81tw and 89 pickups (basically a 81 85 set, but with coil tapping!). tune o matic bridge and string-thru body. $750 and exactly what i think you want.

ps. comes in 7 and 8 string versions as well for $850 and $900, respectively. gives you a bit of extra range and therefore versatility
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
King V's are nice for metal. that's what i have now but i'm trying to get rid of it. i'll sell mine to you if you want :P
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)