Page 1 of 2
So, pit, what would you consider too much of an age difference between a couple?

I currently am dating an 18 year old, and I'm a 15 year old, it's not a sexual relationship, we were really good friends and we just wanted to be a bit closer to each other. Both of us, however, get teased and whatnot over it. I end up getting called a cougar hunter or something similar, and she always gets called a pedophile. It's even worse that there's a lot of senior guys who date freshman girls, but there's no problem with that.

So pit, do you think there's anything wrong with this? We mostly get taunted because she's older than me, but the other way around is socially acceptable. Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I the only one ?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

+/- 2 years.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
well many people consider once your 16, if you go out with anyone under that age your a "paedo" which i dont believe in. i guess if your 18 (a legal adult over here) dating a minor (someone under 16) then i do consider it a little wrong. if your both over 18 age doesnt matter too much.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
I think 2-3 years is normal but in highschool I would say only 1 year.
i know its screwed up, depending on my age at the time would determine the age difference for me (ex if i were to be 18 i wouldnt want to date anyone younger that 16 at he very most, but if i were to be 30 i would have maybe a 5-7 year difference
My boyfriend's 27 and I'm 21. It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal, or if one of you is committing statutory rape.
Dude, you have an 18 year old chick and you're 15 and people are making fun of you? It's jealousy.

IMO, it doesn't matter, as long as you love each other.

However, 60-15 is a bit exaggerated either way around :lol:
Universal relationship age gap equation:

(Your age +7)/2

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
I'd say when you turn fifteen or sixteen is when the universal age gap should kick in, as that reduces ****ed up relationships where there's a huge gap in maturity and development. For example, the gap between 19 and 15 is a lot greater than say 29 and 25, because the 15 year old isn't as mentally and physically developed as the 19 year old.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 21, 2010,
Add 7 and divide by 2, and it's fine. I think thats the fake rule.

EDIT: Also, congratulations. Pix?
Plus or minus a year or two if you're young. If you're both over 21, pretty much anything goes.
hey i like the older chicks too nothing wrong with that
and in high school 2 yrs is acceptable after high school as long as its not illegal
They're just immature. If you get along, you get along. Hell, I'd date Jackal58.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by TheBigProjekt
So, pit, what would you consider too much of an age difference between a couple?

I currently am dating an 18 year old, and I'm a 15 year old, it's not a sexual relationship, we were really good friends and we just wanted to be a bit closer to each other. Both of us, however, get teased and whatnot over it. I end up getting called a cougar hunter or something similar, and she always gets called a pedophile. It's even worse that there's a lot of senior guys who date freshman girls, but there's no problem with that.

So pit, do you think there's anything wrong with this? We mostly get taunted because she's older than me, but the other way around is socially acceptable. Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I the only one ?

well that's why your friends are making fun of you
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by TheBigProjekt

I currently am dating an 18 year old, and I'm a 15 year old, it's not a sexual relationship, we were really good friends and we just wanted to be a bit closer to each other.

T.S I have only two things to say to you.

High five.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Once you're 20+ it really doesn't matter, but you being 15 year olds 2-3 year is the limit! Or else it get's silly.
Last edited by BeneathTheWell! at Jun 21, 2010,
Generals guidelines (The edges get fuzzy but more or less):

<20 (or 18): +/- 2 years
20-30: +/- 4 years (this is more for a healthy relationship - you want someone at the same point in their life, not too far ahead or behind)
30+: Anyone within your decade.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 21, 2010,
2 years but it depends in High School kinda.

This is just what my school thinks

Freshman/Junior is a bit sketchy because the junior is labeled as a creep.
Sophmore/Freshman is alright within reason
Junior/Sophmore is alright within reason
Freshman/8th grader is alright within reason
Sophmore/8th grader is NOT okay
Freshman/Senior is NOT okay
Quote by El Hilliaro

(Your age +7)/2

19+7=26 .. 26/2=13...

umm.. no...

65+7=72 .. 72/2=36

hell no...
Oh and people have different emotional maturity levels. In most cases at the ages of 12-18 the emotional maturity of people greatly differs by year, but there are always exceptions. If you work, you work. I get along really well with a 44 year old friend of mine and we flirt a lot, and I'm 18... I'm sure it looks weird but he's a kid at heart and it's not like we're in a relationship or anything, we just enjoy each other's company and he likes someone to talk to.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Zeppelin Addict
19+7=26 .. 26/2=13...

umm.. no...

65+7=72 .. 72/2=36

hell no...

It's (age/2) + 7
EDIT: Beaten, dammit
Quote by El Hilliaro

(Your age +7)/2

Wrong way around, dude. It's (Age/2) + 7
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
whats the legal age for men buttsecks?

EDIT: totally not in a gay way. i just heard its consideribly higher.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Last edited by anorexorcist15 at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by El Hilliaro

(Your age +7)/2

no no , its the other way around im 18 right

18+7 = 25 / 2 = 12.5 years old

18 / 2 = 9 + 7 = 16 years old

Edit : should have looked at 2nd page first , double facepalm
Last edited by mikeyknowsbette at Jun 21, 2010,
My girlfriend is 18, I'm 21.

However, I've gone as far as to date a 16-year-old last year, and overall, it was a mistake. Not morally or anything, I've come to terms with my jailbait addiction.

She was just immature and no good for me.
Quote by Antis0cial
It's (age/2) + 7

My first (and only) relationship was with a woman double my age, so that would fall outside of the boundary thanks to the +7. Granted, that relationship shouldn't have been allowed to happen, but still...
Yeah +/- 2 seems alright. but if shes 18 then that means shes going on to college or something right? Then it gets hard to stay together. If its a real relationship thats going somewhere then you can make it work, but if its not meant to be then someone closer to your age is more doable.
Quote by Dodeka
My first (and only) relationship was with a woman double my age, so that would fall outside of the boundary thanks to the +7. Granted, that relationship shouldn't have been allowed to happen, but still...

so say you was 12....she was 24? lucky guy.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
Quote by anorexorcist15
so say you was 12....she was 24? lucky guy.

Nah, there was nothing illegal involved. Wrong (of me), but not illegal.
Quote by El Hilliaro

(Your age +7)/2

14 year old girl?
Fine by me.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Dodeka
Nah, there was nothing illegal involved. Wrong (of me), but not illegal.

Rule 1: if the girl is older, there is no issue

Quote by Radman_Paiza
Quote by anorexorcist15
Rule 1: if the girl is older, there is no issue

No issue based on that alone, but it was a messed up situation I allowed myself to get pressured into.
Quote by Dodeka
No issue based on that alone, but it was a messed up situation I allowed myself to get pressured into.

aw well hopefully you got teh secks. lol

Quote by Radman_Paiza
Quote by El Hilliaro

(Your age +7)/2

Nah, it's (your age/2)+7

The one you posted says I can date a 12-year-old, which would be messed up because I'm 17. The one I posted says I can date anyone over 15.5 years old, which is much more realistic.

EDIT: Just kill me.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jun 21, 2010,
Depends on the people. There is 13 years difference between my wife and I, with me being the younger of us. We met at a Disturbed concert though and we have tons of things in common. It was an issue for her at first but she got over it. Age is just a number to me in most cases. We've been together for 5 years now and I just turned 27 last Monday.
Page 1 of 2