So I'm watching Journey "Live in Manila" (from sometime in '09 I think) right now and I am SO impressed with Arnel Pineda. That got me to thinking, what are some of the BEST lead vocal replacements that you can think of?

Edit: Go ahead and list the band the replacement took place in, and where the new singer came from, as well as why you think this is the BEST vocal replacement!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Jun 21, 2010,
Bruce Dickinson for Paul Di'anno obviously
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Whos Dickinmyson.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by sdmfmofo
Bruce Dickinson for Paul Di'anno obviously

However this changed Iron Maiden's sound, which for some, people liked. I love every Iron Maiden album. But none have come no where near as Raw and Energetic then Iron Maiden and Killers. Fact.
Arnel is fantastic. He has a rougher edge to his vocals which makes me prefer him to Perry, who sings too cleanly for my taste.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Hmm either Howard in Killswitch Engage or Caleb in Attack Attack! in my opinion.
~Rest In Peace Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan~

Tumblr: Follow?
Quote by rmr024
Blasphemy!

Im sorry but however much I love Bons voice, if he wasnt replaced they might have not written all the epic songs they wrote with Brian.
Quote by kacper_j
Brian Johnson

Bitch, don't even. Bon is in every way superior to Brian, even though Brian's a great singer in his own right. Technically, I have to say Dio for Ozzy, though I think Ozzy produced more classic material with Sabbath than Dio did.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I don't think I've ever fully enjoyed the replacement. If I liked the band before the change, then I'll almost always prefer the old to the new it's just the way I am.

But for bands like AC/DC, I wasn't really around during the switch so I enjoy both versions. For the haters of Brian Johnson, how can you argue with the guy who's band has one of the top selling records of all time??
I'd have to agree for best replacement....

Arnel Pineda

or "this Filipino kid" as OP called him.

Other obvious choices are Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Waylon in Mushroomhead. Jmann was awesome and all, but Waylon is way more diverse, and he can pull off Jmann's stuff pretty well.

Also, Corey Taylor replacing Anders in Slipknot. Trust me on this, if you haven't heard the old Anders demos, it's complete crap.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Jake Lurhs for August Burns Red.

EDIT: Forgot about David Gilmour.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Last edited by AtomicPunk7 at Jun 21, 2010,
Matt Barlow for Iced Earth
Bruce Dickinson for Judas Priest Don't you dare fall for that
Dio for Black Sabbath
Jorn Lande for Masterplan (upon his return)
Timo Kolipelto for Stratovarius (although I didn't mind Tolkki)
Howard Jones for KSE
Russell Allen for Symphony X
James LaBrie for Dream Theater
Quote by CrazyPigeon
AC/DC. It doesn't sound like their singer was replaced.

Let's not be crazy now!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I prefer Jesse Leach over Howard, but KSE is still pretty good.

I'll go with obvious Dickinson over Di'anno
Sail upon the open skies
either Bruce Dickinson or Matt Barlow
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by ColbyHink
Dio replacing Ozzy!
Definitely this. Although I do enjoy the original Sabbath, I enjoy Sabbath with Dio even more.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2