http://www.myspace.com/darknessinparadise

It's just a rough version. Feels like it's missing something. I definitely need more harmonising in it or something.

Tell me what you think and suggest any ideas that you may have

C4C as always
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I don't think you really need to "add" anything, I think its a bad habit to think adding things (by that I mean harmonizing) will make things better. Make what you already have better. To be honest, I'm not exactly the biggest fan on this genre, but it seemed good to me.
Work on your guitar tone... the lead guitar tone bothers me sometimes, but thats just my opinion. Making the drums heavier I think would be a good addition... yes heavier, I can hardly hear the kick in the mix.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328342
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by DTay47
I don't think you really need to "add" anything, I think its a bad habit to think adding things (by that I mean harmonizing) will make things better. Make what you already have better. To be honest, I'm not exactly the biggest fan on this genre, but it seemed good to me.
Work on your guitar tone... the lead guitar tone bothers me sometimes, but thats just my opinion. Making the drums heavier I think would be a good addition... yes heavier, I can hardly hear the kick in the mix.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328342

I dunno something just doesn't sound right. Might fiddle around with the structure of the song or something. I won't really be taking guitar tone into that much of consideration until I get my new amp. The line 6 tone port ux3 will do for now Like I said it's a rough version but thanks for the crit. I'll crit you tomorrow! Got to get some sleep im nackered!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
first thing's first, great recording quality. where'd you get it done? second thing, i agree with the drum comment. the kick could really use some more punch. maybe peel of the bass on the kick a bit since it's pretty dominant in the mix already and kick it up with some compression and low mids (150 hz-ish). i can't really comment on what it's mixing structurally unless you're looking for a drastic change like an 8 bar synth break, a solo section, or a stripped down verse area. some areas it gets a bit muddy but i have a feeling that's the shitty stream feed myspace gives. sorry i can't be more help but i'm not quite sure what you're looking for. great work nonetheless!

crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327819
Quote by jables23092
first thing's first, great recording quality. where'd you get it done? second thing, i agree with the drum comment. the kick could really use some more punch. maybe peel of the bass on the kick a bit since it's pretty dominant in the mix already and kick it up with some compression and low mids (150 hz-ish). i can't really comment on what it's mixing structurally unless you're looking for a drastic change like an 8 bar synth break, a solo section, or a stripped down verse area. some areas it gets a bit muddy but i have a feeling that's the shitty stream feed myspace gives. sorry i can't be more help but i'm not quite sure what you're looking for. great work nonetheless!

crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327819

We do all our recording ourselves thanks for the advice man, we'll fiddle around with the kick drum stuff then.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I really like this! The recording quality is amazing, everything fits well. The singing sounds a bit funny but it grows on you. Great vocals though keep it up!
cool man. like others have said. i dont think you need to add anything or change anything. it is what it is. and thats a decent song. its good. but doesent realy stand out to me. sounds allot like other stuff i've heard inthis style. dont mean it aint good though, cause it is. cetchy little tune. not my style but it sounds okay. like isaid, dont change nothing. allot of times less is more. keep it up. cool tune. maybe a good one to start a set out with.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24495023#post24495023
I think it sounds alright, a bit muddy, but pretty good. I would say the lead guitar at the beginning is too loud and also thin, but I assume you'll take care of that when you get a new amp. Also, I'm not into singing in metal, but that is 100% preference so I don't know why I mentioned that. Try to cut some around the 300 Hz area and slightly boost around 10 kHz for the whole mix and it will sound much better.
Personally, with this kind of music I dislike when the singer gets all soft. If you're going to be a screamer, scream... So during the sections where you sing, why not try sing screaming? Meaning screaming out the notes. I like it except for those little parts where it sounds like you're starting to sing all emo. But, I mean if that's what you like then go for it.
As many have said, the quality is great. All the parts are played well and constantly interesting. I would say there is absolutely no need to add anything. Sounds a lot better than a lot of music in this genre already. Keep doing what you're doing. I know you said you wouldn't really be considering doing much with the guitar tone for a while but seriously, while it's a stylistic choice, and in some it kind of suits the music, I would rather see something a little more organic sounding.

Still, very impressive stuff, keep it up!
My Bands

Latest Original Recording