hey guys i was thinking about upgrading from my gsr200 and i have a price range up to 300$. i was thinking about getting a squier jazz, but the esp's look good and i was wondering how those are. are there any other recommendations? i play a lot of punk, rock, and hard rock stuff. thanks for the help!
yea i have a friend who swears by esp guitars but i hate the look of their basses :/ im a fan of just the normal curves... also ive been looking at the sr300, how is that bass when compared to the gsr200?
the SR300 is just a step above a GSR200, its the next bass up in the Ibanez ranks.

Are you willing to go used? Because you could get an MIM Fender or an Ibanez SR500, or something along those lines.

EDIT: for a brand new $300 bass, you're not really going to be upgrading much from your GSR200
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Jun 21, 2010,
You should save up. No offense, but $300 is not going to be much of an upgrade from what you have.

I agree with tostitos, see if you can find a better bass used for around that price. Or save! But if your like me, you just dont know how to save money. So open a bank account or let your parents hold onto it until you can afford a bass.

I would start looking once you reach at least the $500 mark
dude keep the ibanez, save more money and get a better bass later, its useless to buy a bass which is just one step better than yours.

ive had my gsr190 for around 4 years now, ive played with it more than 10 gigs and it never let me down, its an excellent bass for the price
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
save up for something better i say. my first bass was a squier precision that was handed down to me and i rocked that thing until it could rock no more. now im totally loving my ibanez srx390 but i smell a Fender Jazz in my future
Dick+strings= owww
haha yea i'd save but the the thing is that my cousin broke my gsr a week ago and im bassless :[ thankfully the guitar center warranty covered it and i have a 200$ check that my parents are willing to add 3000 to
Quote by ahv623
haha yea i'd save but the the thing is that my cousin broke my gsr a week ago and im bassless :[ thankfully the guitar center warranty covered it and i have a 200$ check that my parents are willing to add 3000 to

i think you meant 300,
anyways for $500 your best bet is to get an ibanez or a cort, they are the only ones who make good cheap instruments
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
why only upgrade $100? I think the GSR200 could easily last you until you are ready to get a $400-$500 bass. It's kind of a waste of money to improve only a little. I don't plan on replacing my GSR200 until.. well really until it breaks (I love it). But i guess if you have a spare $500 laying around you could get a new one.

my bad, didn't see post 8, something you could have mentioned in the main post :P
Last edited by Uber Man at Jun 22, 2010,
haha yea i ment 300 earlier. but yea im torn on whether or not to spend extra for a little bit nicer bass or just get another gsr
Dude save a litle and buy better, you will really appreacite it down the line