Search-barred. Just for fun, what's your favorite mode? I'll throw a vote in for Lydian.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Psh Dorian is easily superior!

Its bright and cheery because of the major 6th, but the flat 3rd and 7th give it a unique dark side.

Lydian would have to be a second choice...or locrian (yes, locrian!) because it's so unusual!
Mixolydian is nice in my book. It sounds like major scale but has some minor sounding intervals.
Quote by Sadbutrue62
I am fond of the Locrian mode. Super Locrian scale

I really enjoy Locrian when you sequence it in 3rds. Same with Super Locrian/Altered
Well, if I'm high enough, they all kick major ass.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by bingeandletgo
Search-barred. Just for fun, what's your favorite mode? I'll throw a vote in for Lydian.

Whichever one has the most impressive sounding name and makes me look cool for using.

but seriously, they all sound good. My favorite mode is generally the mode that im playing at the moment.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by Baraga
Aeolian here. Fit it in everything I play. But I also like Mixolidian
+1. I love a good Aeolian piece.

Quote by GuitarMunky
whichever one has the most impressive sounding name and makes me look cool for using.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jun 21, 2010,
Aeolian is probably my favourite
probably just cus it's purely minor and doesn't have any cheeky b9ths or dirty #4ths
everyone who's saying aeolian is probably just saying the natural minor scale. but i'll refrain from nitpicking this time.

i cast my vote for dorian.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
1. Aeolian
2. Lydian
3. 5th mode of harmonic minor (if that counts)
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Man, it's hard to decide. I tend to use Dorian the most, but it's really because I find it easier to work into things. I'd probably say Mixolydian or Lydian. Lydian has a real majestic and mysterious sound that I love, but people seem to keep doing the same things with it, at least from the songs I've heard that use it. Mixolydian can sound great when used right, and I think is more versatile than Lydian.

I've never been much of a fan of Phrygian, but it has it's place. Locrian can also be pretty cool, but I honestly just haven't heard much of it slash used it enough.