Page 1 of 3
Yo team,
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to go but when in doubt, head for the pit!
Basically my band recorded an E.P. last year at a studio in Mansfield and posted a video for our song Breathe on youtube (It's in my sig)
Today I have been informed by someone that another youtube user has stolen my lyrics and posted a song claiming to have been written by him! Even worse, it's the sh*test thing I've heard in my life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow-xA5J3Jow
Here is the link for his video and click my sig to hear mine.
The songs are different but the lyrics are exactly the same, word for word.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Also, has anyone else had experiences with a similar problem?
I'm pretty annoyed about it.
I wouldn't have minded at all if he stated it was a cover or something...
Last edited by hawk_kst at Jun 21, 2010,
Accuse him of prickery, I say!
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

"breathe" ? dammit i have an original called "breathe". but at least mine sounds different!
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Hey, I remember listening to your song ages back. I dunno what you can do idf it's not copyrighted, but I suggest you ask about this in Bandleading, specifically ask the mod axemanchris. He has years of experience and he knows his shit. Just make a thread over there and mention his name in it. Seriously, if anybody on UG can help, he can.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Who do you think you are, TS? Joe Satriani? Pfft.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Wow. That's all I can say.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by asator
Hey, I remember listening to your song ages back. I dunno what you can do idf it's not copyrighted, but I suggest you ask about this in Bandleading, specifically ask the mod axemanchris. He has years of experience and he knows his shit. Just make a thread over there and mention his name in it. Seriously, if anybody on UG can help, he can.

Thanks a lot man! I will search and pm him!
Cheers (=
Its funny how out of time and crummy his voice sounds.
But yea just laugh at him, it sounds awful, no one believes him.
Why care? His version is shockingly bad, the only reason you should be upset is the sheer degradation of your song he has brought.

Seriously though, I'd be pissed if someone stole one of my songs. Which is why I don't ever tell anyone I don't know how to play any of them.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Just listened to his song.

OH MY GOD I'M DYING LAUGHING.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Next time, copyright. It's not like it's a great deal of effort - you literally just put a C with a circle round it at the bottom.

*rolls eyes*

I guess you could argue over upload dates? ^.^
Emarried to the awesome BlackWaterson.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm usually about so drop me a pm or swing by the Hugging Thread.
Quote by Todd Hart
Why care? His version is shockingly bad, the only reason you should be upset is the sheer degradation of your song he has brought.

Seriously though, I'd be pissed if someone stole one of my songs. Which is why I don't ever tell anyone I don't know how to play any of them.

Haha true but still... I just don't want anyone thinking he had any part in those lyrics!

And whatever it is he plays it is not anything like what I play!!! He just wrote some shit chords and used my lyrics!
Quote by Metallizach
my friends "Breathe" is at least 10 times cooler..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcJdTnSvyZM

Your friend's "Breathe" has nothing on my friends "Breathe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6iIp-PvnY
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I wouldn't be surpised if TS did the bad version so he could promote the good version to all of us.

If not, that's awful and that guy is an idiot.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I told him to stop singing before I rip my ears off. His version sucks and wont be listen to much anyways.. Also, great song even though its not my style.

*Steals song* :P

No but seriously nice song,
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
I actually feel kinda sorry for the guy now.
He obviously can't sing, keep a beat or even strum tightly. He probably just wanted to make friends.

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by shattamakar
I actually feel kinda sorry for the guy now.
He obviously can't sing, keep a beat or even strum tightly. He probably just wanted to make friends.

wweeeELL... **** him lol
He is actually one of the worst singers I have ever heard.

Well done.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
lyrics please, i absolutely loved the song and want to sing along!

You gave him the lyrics, and he still dared to use them?

Maybe he's trolling?

He also asked for the lyrics of an Owl City song.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Jun 21, 2010,
Looks like he's got a few other songs "he wrote"

See if you can take it up with youtube. I'm not exactly sure how you go about "reporting" a video.

Wow. That's so out of time it's a bit painful
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by JayT44
I wouldn't be surpised if TS did the bad version so he could promote the good version to all of us.

If not, that's awful and that guy is an idiot.

This is exactly what I thought, you have to love cynicism.
Well, sue him for palagriaism (spelling?!).

Edit: After listening to the actual "rip-off", I seem to agree with the above poster.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jun 21, 2010,
Page 1 of 3