Hey, I always look for VIP passes for concerts I go to but can never find them, despite most concerts having a meet and greet before or after the gig. Anyone know where I can get hold of them?
They're usually kept in the bowels of the venue. I'd check there.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Are you a person of very importance?

If not...

Then you have your answer.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Obviously, they're not just 'sold,' they're handed out to Very Important People to the performance, such as family and good friends. So to get one, you'll need to become one of those.
Join the band's online "fanclub". I know a lot bands have a deal where if you join the fanclub, you get access to pre-release tickets. It's usually just good seats, but sometimes they offer VIP passes.
Well, me and a mate got some for a Tommy Emmanuel concert and got to meet him for the same price as any other tickets. My friend got Tommy's tour manager's email address, she gave us a password to say to the bouncers then they took us to meet Tommy Emmanuel. Happy days.
If you sign up for fan-clubs you can get them, I did that with Black Label Society. I got to meet the band before the show and hang out with them for a little while, I even got to play guitar with Zakk for a short while. It cost me $250 but it was worth it.
Quote by Thrill-house
I did that with Black Label Society. I got to meet the band before the show and hang out with them for a little while, I even got to play guitar with Zakk for a short while. It cost me $250 but it was worth it.

Woah, really?

My bro get the meet-and-greet and all they did was talk for 10 or 15 minutes with the band. He said they wouldn't sign anything either.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Contacts my friend. Knowing lots of musical people helps

Although I find it kind of sad hanging around with people just because they are "connected", but it means you get to meet famous people

EDIT: don't pay! Jees, how pathetic! they are just people

I bet these rockstars are pissing themselves at those individuals who pay so much money just to meet them
Last edited by fender_696 at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by JayT44
Woah, really?

My bro get the meet-and-greet and all they did was talk for 10 or 15 minutes with the band. He said they wouldn't sign anything either.

Yeah it was awesome, I got some stuff signed too. Maybe they were in a bad mood or something when your bro went...

EDIT: @ fender_696 if that was aimed at me. I don't see how its pathetic to pay for a backstage pass to meet one of my favorite bands. Its not like I spent money I didn't have, the month that I bought it I had made about $6000 so it was no big deal.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by Thrill-house
Yeah it was awesome, I got some stuff signed too. Maybe they were in a bad mood or something when your bro went...

Idk I guess so. Have you seen those "Have dinner with Zakk" packages they're doing now (or they were)? They're touring again in a couple months too.

Also, haven't heard Crazy Horse, but I did not like Parade of the Dead in the slightest.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
One of my coworkers has VIP Passes to Iron Maiden and Dream Theater tomorrow

My friends and I want to kill him for them...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Thrill-house

EDIT: @ fender_696 if that was aimed at me. I don't see how its pathetic to pay for a backstage pass to meet one of my favorite bands. Its not like I spent money I didn't have, the month that I bought it I had made about $6000 so it was no big deal.
Well, perhaps...

I personally wouldn't pay to meet anyone, regardless of how much money I had

But each to their own I suppose!