fat mike, my favorite bassist (he plays in nofx) plays as Danelectro DC bass now. i wnt to buy one but im not sure if its a good idea or not some people say he only plays it because its really light and hes old..what are you thought on it? is it good? a good sound? is it cheap, crappy, lightwieght? thanks. http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/gear/2304876/p1_uk1aoilfs_so.jpg thats wat im tlaking about by the way
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
I've heard he had a back problem and that's why he plays them. They're definitely light weight because they're hollow. Sound is wether you like it or not, you should decide wether it's good yourself. I've never played one so I can't comment on the quality of them. I like the way the look a lot and would like to give one a go.
Well Mike played the longhorns for years and year, I'd have to think that back problems aside, he must enjoy the Dano basses. If you like the look and the sound, for the price you can't go wrong, they're quality instruments.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I want a Dano soooo bad. They really have this distinctive vintage sound and vintage look. And they are very inexpensive for what you get.
wow! thanks for all the feedback guys. im totally going to get one than once i get enough cash. thanks again =D
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.