Long & McQuade just dropped their LP Traditional price from $2450 to $2299 CAD. I bought mine June 1st so it was still within the 30 day return window. When I asked the salesman about the price difference, he immediately rebated the $150 (plus tax) to me!
Moving on.....
jeez that's still a lot for a traditional.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror

Canada, bro.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I'm still not going to buy one.

What's $150 when the guitar costs more than $1500 anyway.

If you said they reduced it to $2000 or something then that might be news-worthy.
Long & McQuade is great, where I buy all my gear. Here though, its that or Tom Lee and I don't like the staff at TL as much...
Everything here is still at least $100 more than in the US, sometimes up to $300.
See this is why Steve's Music should expand a bit.

They have 3 friggin stores in Canada. Toronto, Montreal, and I think Ottawa. They're usually cheaper than Long by a good hundred or so depending on the guitar.

Srsly, I saw a new plain solid black Jackson KE3 at long going for $750. And at Steve's I saw a new trans Blue KE3 going for $650. Also Steve's sells ESP guitars where Long doesn't

Just thought I'd throw that in.
Quote by Tedward
Everything here is still at least $100 more than in the US, sometimes up to $300.

Yeah, that might have something to do with people up there having, you know, jobs.
Quote by siverstorm
See this is why Steve's Music should expand a bit.

They have 3 friggin stores in Canada. Toronto, Montreal, and I think Ottawa. They're usually cheaper than Long by a good hundred or so depending on the guitar.

Srsly, I saw a new plain solid black Jackson KE3 at long going for $750. And at Steve's I saw a new trans Blue KE3 going for $650. Also Steve's sells ESP guitars where Long doesn't

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Steve's and L&M have different prices for most stuff, but Steve's doesn't always have the cheaper price.

I don't like the atmosphere at Steve's (or at least at the one here in Ottawa). They're really uptight and unless you look as if you're there to actually buy something (eg. flashing a wad of cash in their faces), they give you no time at all before they will tell you "Time's up, buddy". No joke, one time I walked in, picked up some LTD, played for about 10 seconds and was told that I had used up my time to try out guitars and was asked to put it down.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by jpnyc
Yeah, that might have something to do with people up there having, you know, jobs.

Hey I work at a fast food place, nothing to brag about.

Quote by no.mop
Steve's and L&M have different prices for most stuff, but Steve's doesn't always have the cheaper price.

I don't like the atmosphere at Steve's (or at least at the one here in Ottawa). They're really uptight and unless you look as if you're there to actually buy something, they give you no time at all before they will tell you "Time's up, buddy". No joke, one time I walked in, picked up some LTD, played for about 10 seconds and was told that I had used up my time to try out guitars and was asked to put it down.

Yea I heard the montreal store is the same. The Toronto store definitely has friendlier staff from what i've heard. lol I went three days in a row testing out a bunch of guitars. The same guy helped me all three days and didn't once complain or tell me I should've left.
The L&M on Terminal in Vancouver gets my vote as most awesome music store of all time. I've spent hours just noodling on their guitars and never gotten anything but friendly enthusiasm from the staff.

Now that Gibson's are a touch cheaper, perhaps I can justify getting one of those alpine white studios...
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by jpnyc

gold.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by ch0
The L&M on Terminal in Vancouver gets my vote as most awesome music store of all time. I've spent hours just noodling on their guitars and never gotten anything but friendly enthusiasm from the staff.

Now that Gibson's are a touch cheaper, perhaps I can justify getting one of those alpine white studios...

I agree on L&M being awesome. Our L&M used to be uptight like our Steve's, but sometime last year they hired a new manager and ever since, they've been amazing; you can just walk in and try out anything you'd like for hours on end.

That and they're not all crackheads like the guys at Steve's.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by ch0

+1 dude, thats the best store in Canada!
although in my opinion, if you live somewhat close to the border, just take like a 2 or 3 day trip down to the states and get what you wanna get at Guitar Center. Im in vancouver so i just go down to seattle and even just in the seattle area there's like 5 GC's and theyre all good. the service and knowledge isnt as good as L&M, but hey, its a hell of a lot cheaper. for instance: my Ibby RG5EX1L, was 100$ less than it normally is in the US. which is still cheaper than in Canada. so i say, try out what youre going to get at L&M, then buy it at GC. thats what i do haha
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by AcousticMirror

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Standard $4,799

Welcome to Australia.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by Gelato
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Standard $4,799

Welcome to Australia.

the australian dollar is about 10c less than the american, yet somehow the music stores down here can justify doubling the prices.

and prices can be haggled alot more down here too, i once took about 150 bucks off an amp simply by asking nicely (OVER THE FONE)

i was pissed when the same store had the same amp on sale the next month for 30 bucks less than what i got it for -.-
^^ I suspect that has something to do with Australia's import taxes & not just gouging by the local dealer.
Moving on.....
I still like Steves a lot more than L&M though. The staff seem kore like they want to help you, rather than "buy our shit." Plus they sell ESP which is my favourite manufacturer. In my defense I've only been to the L&M in St. Johns and the Steves in Toronto, but meh
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 23, 2010,
Ugh, I wish I had the L&M you guys are talking about. The 2 near me are aweful. The stores aren't humidified, so all the guitars are dried out, they put broken guitars back on the shelf and try to sell them (seriously, they put an Angel of Deth sig with a broken ****ing neck back on the shelf when I showed them it), the staff actually ban the playing of most songs (I was thrown out for playing Enemies of Reality ) etc. I've had nothing but problems with them. Steve's is too far away (well, not really but I don't wanna drive 40 minutes to Toronto). Small guitar shops for the win!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by jpnyc

It was worse before 2008 dude...

Quote by onemanarmy9
Ugh, I wish I had the L&M you guys are talking about. The 2 near me are aweful. The stores aren't humidified, so all the guitars are dried out, they put broken guitars back on the shelf and try to sell them (seriously, they put an Angel of Deth sig with a broken ****ing neck back on the shelf when I showed them it), the staff actually ban the playing of most songs (I was thrown out for playing Enemies of Reality ) etc. I've had nothing but problems with them. Steve's is too far away (well, not really but I don't wanna drive 40 minutes to Toronto). Small guitar shops for the win!

How can they ban Nevermore??? Enemies of Reality is a great song, and tbh I've never heard anyone other than Broderick himself play it! What city are you in?
Still not a good price but glad you got your 150 back
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R