Rubber gaskets. ;]

Thick enough and stiff enough that you can (with a struggle) push them over the button, but the strap won't come off. I've tugged and tugged, and it's all fine. I refused to screw Schallers into my baby, so this is perfect.

breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
What's John Mayer got to do with anything?

I use old plumbing washers of some sort that I found in the garage, theyre thinner and wider than the one in that picture though, they work an absolute treat

I think that proper metal strap locks make a guitar look ugly.

Here in the UK, Grolsh just has regular beer bottle caps now instead of the swingtops, so you can't get the washers out, shame.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I just use a couple of rubber bands wrapped around each other. Same principal, and I've never had them slip on me.

Admittedly, though, a black washer would look better than some tan rubber bands
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?
Last edited by YDG? at Jun 21, 2010,
Haha, well didn't notice that, I must be blind.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.