If I can get a Vox Custom for the same price as a Custom Classic (or the other way around), which would be the better deal?

The CC's used to be more expensive, but I know that the C's are supposed to be amazing, so I was wondering what are the pro's/con's of each?

Thanks
The Custom Classics sound absolutly awful in my opinion.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Ah. So probably the Custom then?

I just need to decide whether to settle for the AC15 or go all out and get the AC30....
AC30. The AC15 is a completely different sound.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Well, you might like the sound of the CC, I was just saying that I think it's really bad.

Older Vox AC30s sound good.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
the Customs have Alnico Blues.... cheaper than the shitty CC's without them!!!

EDIT:

sorry I actually meant Greenbacks.... just got the two confused.

Plenty better than the wharfedales.
Last edited by Tedward at Jun 22, 2010,
Most customs don't. Only the ones that end in X have the Blues.
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.
yeah the standard customs have greenbacks which still sound better than the wharfedales.
a few things to consider; the custom classic had a birch cabinet but the customs have plywood. the cc's have a tube rectifier and the customs have a solid state. The new ac15 is miles better than the cc but the new ac30's are pretty much on par with the older ones and it pretty much comes down to personal preference.
Quote by FuzzLove
The Custom Classics sound absolutly awful in my opinion.

I've heard this tons of times. I've also heard they're unreliable. A friend of mine got one despite me telling him this. He returned it a week later.
I play guitar
i have the cheapest of the custom classic AC30s and i love the sound!
might upgrade speakers one day but right now i see no need

i played one o the customs one time and wasn't as impressed with it, im sure it all comes down the preference. Although the CC's (not sure about the customs) come with relatively cheap stock tubes, to reduce costs, so thats where the unreliability comes from! i should probably get better tubes, my power tubes crapped out on me after like 9 months