alrighty so i got sum big muff questions. some one said that the american big muff runs on like bigger batteries or something like that. doesnt take the standard 9 volts.
another thing how close does the little big muff sound to the american big muff? is there really that huge of a difference? okay a little personal now which big muff do you prefer? i play alot of blues, blues rock, and vintage rock i have maybe been considering getting one and i find the little big muff alot more appealing cause of the size but i will go with what ever sounds best for me.
1. It uses a regular 9v battery. Nothing special.
2. The little big muff is exactly the same as the russian muff, which is awfully close to the american. If you didn't have them right next to each other you probably wouldn't notice a difference.
3. The major issues with the original were the huge enclosure and lack of a 9v adapter, which the little big muff fixes. That's the one to get, unless you really really have to have an american (probably not) or find a really cool beat-up old one at a garage sale (fairly likely).
I've played through a Little Big Muff a few times and I know a few people that have them ( )
They sound very close to the original, not better or worse, just very very slightly different, you won't notice the difference. The fact that it has a 9v mains adapter and it's a normal sized pedal would make me buy it over the regular one anyday.

I have a Bass Big Muff, which has a switch that gives a bass boost for when you're using it with a bass guitar, which sounds awsome, but if you don't have this on then it's supposed to be a normal Big Muff, it sounds a bit different but again it's good in it's own way, also if you flip the bass boost switch the other way it goes into dry mode and bypasses the pedal's tone control. You could check that out.

Also EH make a 'Big Muff Pi with tone wicker' now aswell, not sure exactly what that does, but it sounded good in the video I watched. That's another option.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I don't see the point of the Bass BMP.
A bass sounds flabby through an NYC, and nicer and tighter through a Russian, IMO, while still having tons of low end. i don't see why you need more.

The Tone Wicker removes the high pass caps off the clipping stages, leading to no high end being rolled off, which gives a raspier, somewhat harsher sound, which some may like.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't see the point of the Bass BMP.
A bass sounds flabby through an NYC, and nicer and tighter through a Russian, IMO, while still having tons of low end. i don't see why you need more.

Because they stopped making the Russian?
I own neither a USA or a Russian, and the BBMP sounds awsome with both guitar and bass.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I see Russians for sale on the used market all the time.

Further more, there are clones like Stomp Underfoot which are even better quality than the EHX pedals.
EHX Russians, the 90s and 2000s black ones, had TERRIBLE tolerances, in my experience. Some parts were 10-30% off from their written value, leading to an extremely varied tone across the product line, and even some arguably bad sounding ones.