I just restored a 1960's Harmony hollow body electric guitar, for my father in law (to be), and I was wondering, what bridge do I put on it? I had a few ideas, but what do you recommend? What should it have?

Heres a pic:

http://i49.tinypic.com/w7j12s.jpg
Last edited by Schnurr at Jun 22, 2010,
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Neither of the stewmac bridges will work well in my experience, because Harmony's have a very very small angle at the bridge, the wooden bridge will have to steep an angle and you'll have to have the bridge at a stupid angle to compensate and the metal TOM style will be too tall.

I picked up a bridge from a guy on ebay who makes reproduction harmony bridges and it is spot on, I suggest you keep an eye on ebay and don't rush it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
Neither of the stewmac bridges will work well in my experience, because Harmony's have a very very small angle at the bridge, the wooden bridge will have to steep an angle and you'll have to have the bridge at a stupid angle to compensate and the metal TOM style will be too tall.

Small angle? Are you talking about the arch of the top?
What about something like a Bigsby?
btw, the guitar looks nice, but what about some white binding around the edge, just to give it a bit more dimension?? the stones sticker looks cool, but the whole thing seems a bit lost in the black to me
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by deluthe
Small angle? Are you talking about the arch of the top?

no by angle I mean the angle of the saddle from a top down view like this

also just for to give you a bit of history if you don't already know, it's a Harmony H70 Meteor and due to the lack of binding and my almost certainty that harmony never made a black meteor I'd say that it's been refinished at some point and there's a beautiful sunburst under that finish

http://harmony.demont.net/guitars/H70/209.htm
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.