Hi,

I'm looking for a new amp and here is my criteria - any suggestions?

Price
Up to £1500 - a nice amount after selling a load of stuff. Prefer to buy new

Valves please.
Will be used for small gigs and home recording. So a good master volume or some form of power scaling?

A 112 combo would be better, but a small head and half stack would be fine.

two channels
Foot switchable that will take me from clean cleans to 70's rock and 80's metal. Cleans are less important than the crunch/overdrive.

FEx Loop is required, but can live without reverb, but would like it to take pedals well.

Music styles I play mainly rock AC/DC, Hendrix, GnR to Black Sabbath.

I know its a long wish list, but any one start me off with some suggestions?
for 1500 you should definatly get an axe effects (not the ultra) it may not run on valves or tubes (whatever you want to call them) but it is far superior than most other amps
For Classic Rock, the Cornford Hurricane is worth a look.

http://www.cornfordamps.com/hurricane.htm
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Is a Laney VH100R out of your pricerange there? They are made in the UK so you may be in luck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Axe Effects isn't really what I'm looking for - thanks.

The Cornford Roadhouse could be a contender - nice spec and the price is certainly right!

The Cornford Hurricane - I know a bit about this amp having played it for a short time in a store, and I got some great tones. The only thing that puts me off is my lack of skill at using a single channel amp and guitar volume/tone to go from clean to crunch, and the amp exposed some of my bad playing techniques

The Laney is well within budget, but unless it has a great master volume that will let me play at lower volumes, then its a no go - but I'll look into it.
The Laney is a lot of amp but it may suffice. It's the sort of amp that you may keep forever though. You won't know until you try one. Try to find somewhere hiring one so you can take it for a proper run.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification