i hear these amps get some shit because they are poor man amps.
at the moment i use a avt150h which i've just bought.
i think it would be much better.
or should i wait for a marshall MA50h?
i play post hardcore music. i'd love an orange but thats more of a dream right now.
cheers
Gear :
Blackstar HT Soloist 60
Blackstar HT212 Extension Cabinet
G&L ASAT Special Tribute
Cort KX5
Tanlgewood TD8 Acoustic
Kustom Practice Amp 10W Dart.
Boss DD7 Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Mapex QR Series Drum Kit
Go to a store and try it out. I have one and I love it, it's an awesome metal / rock amp.

And, remember, even if someone says that it's a poor man's Peavey or whatever, essentially Peavey is a poor man's Mesa and similiar... and just because an amp reads Marshall on the front doesn't make it a big mans, big time amp.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
essentially Peavey is a poor man's Mesa

I always failed to see how a Peavey is a poor man's Mesa, the 6505 is dimension better than the Messy Boogie Rectifiers. (opinions) Just because the mesa is twice as expensive doesn't mean that it's better in any way.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jun 22, 2010,
Quote by Ascendant
I always failed to see how a Peavey is a poor man's Mesa, the 6505 is dimension better than the Messy Boogie Rectifiers. (opinions) Just because the mesa is twice as expensive doesn't mean that it's better in any way.

I didn't actually mean that Peavey somehow imitates any Mesas. I just meant that whatever you use, there's always an amp that's more expensive and fancier.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Reportedly, Marshall MAs suck balls.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
If you care about sound quality and tone, you'll ignore what "everyone" says, what it says on the front of the amp, how much it costs new or second hand, and just use your EARS.

A 6262 is almost an exact replica of a 5150II/6505+ so you tell me if it'll be good for hardcore or not.

As long as you look after it, it'll perform admirably. I would however say that if you treat your gear badly or with little respect you probably want to spend more money on something that isn't manufactured in the Far East.
Bugera are sweet. I love my 6262. Yesterday i played a VHT pitbull CL100, and I liked my booger better.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
i've seen the ket city and i think i'd rather go for the 50h
i don't play huge venues. i've heard the bugeras are very unreliable. is this true?
i play like we are the ocean and flood of red style music.
Gear :
Blackstar HT Soloist 60
G&L ASAT Special Tribute
Cort KX5
Tanlgewood TD8 Acoustic
Boss DD7 Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Mapex QR Series Drum Kit
Quote by lukec1792

i don't play huge venues. i've heard the bugeras are very unreliable. is this true?

Not anymore. There was an issue with the early models (pre April 2008) but the problem has been fixed on later models, which you are almost certainly going to get if you order one now, 2 years after the fix.
I went with a friend to buy a brand new bugera 6262. He had it for about 3 weeks before it just shut down and stopped working. He returned it and bought a 5150. They are NOT exact replicas. The 5150 has a much more open sound, the bugera sounds like there is a carpet over your cabinet.
Quote by Chaosinborn
I went with a friend to buy a brand new bugera 6262. He had it for about 3 weeks before it just shut down and stopped working. He returned it and bought a 5150. They are NOT exact replicas. The 5150 has a much more open sound, the bugera sounds like there is a carpet over your cabinet.

You're right they're not exact. The bugeras are better Well, in my opinion they are.
I'm not sure where you're getting this carpet sound from.. From my experience the bugera sounded much more darker to my ears. More umph so to speak. I guess if you're only after teh brutalz then the 5150 should be ok. My thinking is why buy the peavey when you can get better for a fraction of the price.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Same here, no carpet sound. The tone is focused on the lower end of the spectrum(PUNCH), and the 5150 is more mids. I perfer my bugera's tone, feels tighter, more defined. Also the cleans are better (not really my thing though)!

If your friends was carpety and died after 3 weeks, it prolly had bad tubes.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
i'm not into heavy metal brutal shit just like rock music with shouty vocals and harmonising guitars. i'm using a marshall avt150h at the moment. my bands songs are very melodic. if this helps at all
Gear :
Blackstar HT Soloist 60
G&L ASAT Special Tribute
Cort KX5
Tanlgewood TD8 Acoustic
Boss DD7 Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Mapex QR Series Drum Kit
Quote by Adam124
You're right they're not exact. The bugeras are better Well, in my opinion they are.
I'm not sure where you're getting this carpet sound from.. From my experience the bugera sounded much more darker to my ears. More umph so to speak. I guess if you're only after teh brutalz then the 5150 should be ok. My thinking is why buy the peavey when you can get better for a fraction of the price.

Logically, darker tone = carpet tone since a darker tone means less treble.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Ever bother to find out why it died?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Logically, darker tone = carpet tone since a darker tone means less treble.

Precisely the reason why I don't like Orange amps - not enough treble in the crunch sound.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I played peavey 6505+ 112 and bugera 6262 212 side by side a couple days ago. From what people have been saying on here I expected the bugera to be amazing, the high mids were shrill and fizzy and the low end had no balls. The 6505 was awesome, the gain structure is just ridiculous, you can easily hit pinch harmonics with the gain on 2, everything was crystal clear, nice low end, the same reason why so many bands use them. I'll most likely sell my valveking 212 and buy one
Quote by im_bored
I played peavey 6505+ 112 and bugera 6262 212 side by side a couple days ago. From what people have been saying on here I expected the bugera to be amazing, the high mids were shrill and fizzy and the low end had no balls. The 6505 was awesome, the gain structure is just ridiculous, you can easily hit pinch harmonics with the gain on 2, everything was crystal clear, nice low end, the same reason why so many bands use them. I'll most likely sell my valveking 212 and buy one

Compare the two heads with one cabinet. Otherwise, the comparison is rather useless.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

well personally i realy like my bugera and before i got it i tried my cousins 6505+ because i had heard that the 6262 sounds similar and i was surprised to find that the bugera did sound quite similar but not the same and that it had a bit more low end like a couple of other people have said and it is quite versitile. im pretty sure you could get a good heavy rock tone out of the crunch channel aswell and the cleans seem alot deeper and smoother than the 6505 personaly i like boath though they are just different. and comparson wise i use a peavey cab with the same sheffields in it as my cousin.
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff